Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
crzftx

String > Equation

3 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Does anything similar to this exist?

I know the TI-83 has this function [String to equation]

Basically, I have $Equation equalling whatever the user inputs (example: 4x+3). I am attempting to make a visual graph of this, and I have everything working perfectly if I set $Equation through the script editor. The script checks the Y when X = -400 through 400, but the equation will have quotes around it and it won't work. Does anybody know where I'm going with this?

$Equation = InputBox("x+4",blah,blah)
$Equation = GUICtrlRead($Equation)
$Equation = StingReplace($Equation,"x","$x")
For $x = -400 to 400
    $y = $Equation ;<---This does not work
    ;Graphs the pixel here
Next

I am fully ready for someone to say, "Well if you read the help file you wouldve seen BLAH"

People receive that response too much. Very few people have read and memorized the ENTIRE file

I have read and understood a decent portion of it as well as searched for what I want

Edited by crzftx

If I post a code or snippet, please tell me what I did wrong and/or what I can do better. Tell me my code/idea sucks, if it does. If I ask for help, refrain from only telling me to search the help file and/or the forums. I will search before asking, I just may not have searched with good keywords. If I say that I will look into something or fix something later, understand that I am most likely lying.

Thank you so much, and with respect too. I searched and came up with nothing. I don't want someone else's, although thanks for finding one...

If I post a code or snippet, please tell me what I did wrong and/or what I can do better. Tell me my code/idea sucks, if it does. If I ask for help, refrain from only telling me to search the help file and/or the forums. I will search before asking, I just may not have searched with good keywords. If I say that I will look into something or fix something later, understand that I am most likely lying.