Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jlorenz1

Problems with _IEGetObjByName

9 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Hallo,

I got the object by name of the webpage http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spezial:Hochladen , but I've difficulties to change the fields.

Only description works correctly. The Webpage has a SUBMIT-Button.

If you want to see the website, you must log in as autoit with the password autoit.

In the attachement I send you the source code of this webpage. For finding

the elements faster, which I wants to change, go on search and look for 'autoit'. I've tagged a commentary there.

Thanks Jo :P

#include <IE.au3>
$oIE = _IECreate ('http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spezial:Hochladen')

$oForm = _IEFormGetObjByName ($oIE, 'Upload')
;Resultats document:7;wpupload:7,Upload:0
MsgBox(4096,'successful?',@error, 2)

$oQuery1 = _IEFormElementGetObjByName ($oForm, 'wpDestFile')
_IEFormElementSetValue ($oQuery1, 'another-named-a.gif')

$oQuery2 = _IEFormElementGetObjByName ($oForm, 'wpUploadFile')
_IEFormElementSetValue ($oQuery2, 'd:\a.gif')

$oQuery3 = _IEFormElementGetObjByName ($oForm, 'wpUploadDescription')
_IEFormElementSetValue ($oQuery3, 'my file description')

; attention: wpLicense is a combobox , Wanted: Value ='Bild-PD-alt'
$oQuery4 = _IEFormElementGetObjByName ($oForm, 'wpLicense')
_IEFormElementSetValue ($oQuery4, 'Bild-PD-alt')

; attention: this is a checkbox, which should be activated
$oQuery5 = _IEFormElementGetObjByName ($oForm, 'wpWatchthis')
_IEFormElementSetValue ($oQuery5, 'false')
_IEFormSubmit ($oForm)

Spezial_Hochladen.txt

Edited by jlorenz1

Johannes LorenzBensheim, Germanyjlorenz1@web.de[post="12602"]Highlightning AutoIt Syntax in Notepad++ - Just copy in your Profile/application data/notepad++[/post]

I don't see where you use _IEGetObjByName anywhere in that code.

What line causes the error?

Where is it you say you need to login? I went to that site and saw no username or password fields.

Please show the output in the SciTe console.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Where is it you say you need to login? I went to that site and saw no username or password fields.

Dale

Hi Dale,

thanks for your intention to help me. In the attachment you find a screenshot and source code with Scite.

Go on http:\\de.wikipedia.org on the top on the right side you'll see ANMELDEN

click this and you 'll log in with 'autoit' and the password 'autoit'. Don't forget to activate the checkbox. Submit and go on

HOCHLADEN at the the left side in the center or type http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spezial:Hochladen and you will be there.

I'll try to help the others ... Thanks

wikipedia.zip

Johannes LorenzBensheim, Germanyjlorenz1@web.de[post="12602"]Highlightning AutoIt Syntax in Notepad++ - Just copy in your Profile/application data/notepad++[/post]

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

Dale

Sorry Dale I meant _IEFormGetObjByName Line 4 in the script Johannes

Edited by jlorenz1

There is some sort of page redirect occuring here. After logging in, the page load completes on de.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Spezial:Anmelden&action=submitlogin&type=login&returnto=Spezial:Hochladen -- this page does not include a form named "upload". After a few seconds it redirects to de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spezial:Hochladen -- which DOES have a form named "upload" (note it is lower case).

So, you need to check to insure that the redirect has occurred and completed before checking the page. You also should make the case match on the form ID as noted above.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Hi Dale, use 'Upload' like written. This is the newest try of me. I can change only

the field wpUploadDescription. In some cases I get the return value of 0, but nothing

happens. Strange... Johannes

#include <IE.au3>

$oForm = _IEFormGetObjByName ($oIE, 'Upload'), T H I S   W O R K S   W  E L L 
;Resultats document:7;wpupload:7

;$oQuery1 = _IEFormElementGetObjByName ($oForm, 'wpDestFile')
;_IEFormElementSetValue ($oQuery1, 'another-named-a.gif')

MsgBox(4160,'gif',@error)

_IEFormElementSetValue ($oQuery3, 'my file description'); T H I S   W O R K S   W E L L

$oSelect = _IEFormElementGetObjByName ($oForm, "wpLicense")
_IEFormElementOptionselect ($oSelect, "midipage.html", 3, "byValue")
MsgBox(4160,'Combo',@error); Return Value 0 but nothing happened

_IEFormElementCheckboxSelect ($oForm, 'wpWatchthis', '',1, 'byValue')
MsgBox(4160,'Check',@error); Return Value 7

Sleep(4000)
_IEFormSubmit ($oForm)

Hi Dale & all the others,

only O N E F I E L D don't work. It is this one.

The source code of the problem in HTML is:

<!--  I tried to change these following elements  - keyword: autoit   //-->
            <td align='right' valign='top'><label for='wpUploadFile'>Quelldatei:</label></td>
            <td align='left'>
                <input tabindex='1' type='file' name='wpUploadFile' id='wpUploadFile' onchange='fillDestFilename("wpUploadFile")' size='40' /><input type='hidden' name='wpSourceType' value='file' />
            </td>

This is the last version of my script:

#include <IE.au3>

$oForm = _IEFormGetObjByName ($oIE, 'Upload')
;Resultats document:7;wpupload:7

;*********************************************************************
; Only 1 field as problem - three tries without sucess
MsgBox(4160,'gif',@error); Return Value 0 , but nothing happens

$oQuery8 = _IEFormElementGetObjByName ($oForm, 'wpUploadFile')
_IEFormElementSetValue ($oQuery8, 'd:\a.gif',0)
MsgBox(4160,'gif1',@error); Return Value 0 , but nothing happens

$oQuery9 = _IEFormElementGetObjByName ($oForm, 'wpSourceType')
_IEFormElementSetValue ($oQuery9, 'abc')
MsgBox(4160,'gif2',@error); Return Value 0 , but nothing happens
;************************************************************************

$oQuery1 = _IEFormElementGetObjByName ($oForm, 'wpDestFile')
_IEFormElementSetValue ($oQuery1, 'another-named-a.gif')
MsgBox(4160,'dest',@error); T H I S   W O R K S   W E L L

_IEFormElementSetValue ($oQuery3, 'my file description'); T H I S   W O R K S   W E L L

$oSelect = _IEFormElementGetObjByName ($oForm, 'wpLicense')
_IEFormElementOptionselect ($oSelect, 'gemeinfrei (public domain), da Schutzdauer abgelaufen', 1, 'byText')
MsgBox(4160,'Combo1',@error); Return Value 0 T H I S   W O R K S   W E L L

_IEFormElementCheckboxSelect ($oForm, 'wpWatchthis', '',1, 'byIndex')
MsgBox(4160,'Check1',@error); T H I S   W O R K S  W E L L 

Sleep(4000)
;_IEFormSubmit ($oForm)

Hi Dale & all the others,

only O N E F I E L D don't work. It is this one.

The source code of the problem in HTML is:

<!--  I tried to change these following elements  - keyword: autoit   //-->
            <td align='right' valign='top'><label for='wpUploadFile'>Quelldatei:</label></td>
            <td align='left'>
                <input tabindex='1' type='file' name='wpUploadFile' id='wpUploadFile' onchange='fillDestFilename("wpUploadFile")' size='40' /><input type='hidden' name='wpSourceType' value='file' />
            </td>

This is the last version of my script:

The field is an INPUT TYPE=FILE element. Using the latest IE.au3 you should be getting the following diagnostic to the SciTe console:

--> IE.au3 Error from function _IEFormElementSetValue, $_IEStatus_InvalidObjectType (Browser securuty prevents SetValue of TYPE=FILE)

You cannot set this field value directly with script. Please see the remarks for _IEFormElementSetValue for comments and a workaround.

Dale

The field is an INPUT TYPE=FILE element. Using the latest IE.au3 you should be getting the following diagnostic to the SciTe console:

You cannot set this field value directly with script. Please see the remarks for _IEFormElementSetValue for comments and a workaround.

Dale

Hi Dale,

thanks for your patience - it was my first script in this way. Johannes :P