Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ACalcutt

Removing a computer from the domain, adding to workgroup

5 posts in this topic

Hey everone i am hoping you can help. I messed up at work and deleted the OU of 20+ labs. We restored the OU but all the computers need to be rejoined.

What i am trying to do is make a script that takes the computer off the domain and joins it to a workgroup.

I already have a script to do the second hald of rejoining the domain and running sms client. I havent found much on removing a computer from the domain by script. any help on this would be appreciated... cause i should have a fun week

Andrew Calcutt

Http://www.Vistumbler.net

Http://www.TechIdiots.net

Its not an error, its a undocumented feature

Did you find an answer to your question?

I'm interested in this info also. Has anyone written a script to leave a domain?

Hey everone i am hoping you can help. I messed up at work and deleted the OU of 20+ labs. We restored the OU but all the computers need to be rejoined.

What i am trying to do is make a script that takes the computer off the domain and joins it to a workgroup.

I already have a script to do the second hald of rejoining the domain and running sms client. I havent found much on removing a computer from the domain by script. any help on this would be appreciated... cause i should have a fun week

#5 ·  Posted (edited)

You can use netdom.exe from one of the Windows resource kits to delete the machine from the domain and join it to a workgroup.

Netdom reference:

http://technet2.microsoft.com/windowsserve...3.mspx?mfr=true

Windows Support Tools instructions:

http://technet2.microsoft.com/windowsserve...3.mspx?mfr=true

Edited by weaponx