Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ounelly70

simple string variable

7 posts in this topic

Hello all, I am just trying to find the answer to a simple question and I've searched the help file and the forums for 3 hours now... I guess I'm not the brightest cookie.

Anyway, here is what I need help with, all I want is for the text I put into an input box to be saved as a variable for sending as a string to notepad...

basically i would have an input box ask for a first name, another ask for a last name, then the script would automatically output the strings into notepad. It would list a first name then last name, then it would concatenate them to show " last name, first name" and then on another line a "first name, last name"

I know I have seen this somewhere before but man I'm having the worst luck finding it... any help would be greatly appreciated...

Hello all, I am just trying to find the answer to a simple question and I've searched the help file and the forums for 3 hours now... I guess I'm not the brightest cookie.

Anyway, here is what I need help with, all I want is for the text I put into an input box to be saved as a variable for sending as a string to notepad...

basically i would have an input box ask for a first name, another ask for a last name, then the script would automatically output the strings into notepad. It would list a first name then last name, then it would concatenate them to show " last name, first name" and then on another line a "first name, last name"

I know I have seen this somewhere before but man I'm having the worst luck finding it... any help would be greatly appreciated...

So what have you got at this moment ?

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions        Beta files                                                          Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

$first = InputBox("First","Enter First Name")
$last = InputBox("First","Enter First Name")
$name = $first & " " & $last
Run("notepad")
WinWaitActive("Untitled - Notepad")
ControlSetText("Untitled - Notepad","",15,$name)
Edited by cameronsdad

1100111 00001011101111 00011101101111 00010111100100 00001111110100 00110111110010 00101101111001 0011100i didn't make up this form of encryption, but i like it.credit to the lvl 6 challenge on arcanum.co.nz

absolutely nothing..... I found some other random scripts in the forums that show someone using a variable to send to notepad, but he's not using an input box, which just really kind of confuses me.... Thank you for the quick reply, here is a link to that post...

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...=input+variable

I just don't know how to use variables and I don't see any examples in the help file or anything... I apologize for my inadequacies

absolutely nothing..... I found some other random scripts in the forums that show someone using a variable to send to notepad, but he's not using an input box, which just really kind of confuses me.... Thank you for the quick reply, here is a link to that post...

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...=input+variable

I just don't know how to use variables and I don't see any examples in the help file or anything... I apologize for my inadequacies

there are examples in the help file, and throughout the forum, but now you have one more

1100111 00001011101111 00011101101111 00010111100100 00001111110100 00110111110010 00101101111001 0011100i didn't make up this form of encryption, but i like it.credit to the lvl 6 challenge on arcanum.co.nz

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH.... its such a simple thing that it made it hard to find for me :P

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH.... its such a simple thing that it made it hard to find for me :P

no worries. i'm glad i could help.