simple string variable

Hello all, I am just trying to find the answer to a simple question and I've searched the help file and the forums for 3 hours now... I guess I'm not the brightest cookie.

Anyway, here is what I need help with, all I want is for the text I put into an input box to be saved as a variable for sending as a string to notepad...

basically i would have an input box ask for a first name, another ask for a last name, then the script would automatically output the strings into notepad. It would list a first name then last name, then it would concatenate them to show " last name, first name" and then on another line a "first name, last name"

I know I have seen this somewhere before but man I'm having the worst luck finding it... any help would be greatly appreciated...

• Developers

Hello all, I am just trying to find the answer to a simple question and I've searched the help file and the forums for 3 hours now... I guess I'm not the brightest cookie.

Anyway, here is what I need help with, all I want is for the text I put into an input box to be saved as a variable for sending as a string to notepad...

basically i would have an input box ask for a first name, another ask for a last name, then the script would automatically output the strings into notepad. It would list a first name then last name, then it would concatenate them to show " last name, first name" and then on another line a "first name, last name"

I know I have seen this somewhere before but man I'm having the worst luck finding it... any help would be greatly appreciated...

So what have you got at this moment ?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

$first = InputBox("First","Enter First Name")
$last = InputBox("First","Enter First Name")
$name = $first & " " & $last
Run("notepad")
WinWaitActive("Untitled - Notepad")
ControlSetText("Untitled - Notepad","",15,$name)
Edited by cameronsdad

absolutely nothing..... I found some other random scripts in the forums that show someone using a variable to send to notepad, but he's not using an input box, which just really kind of confuses me.... Thank you for the quick reply, here is a link to that post...

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...=input+variable

I just don't know how to use variables and I don't see any examples in the help file or anything... I apologize for my inadequacies

absolutely nothing..... I found some other random scripts in the forums that show someone using a variable to send to notepad, but he's not using an input box, which just really kind of confuses me.... Thank you for the quick reply, here is a link to that post...

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...=input+variable

I just don't know how to use variables and I don't see any examples in the help file or anything... I apologize for my inadequacies

there are examples in the help file, and throughout the forum, but now you have one more