Newbie Requesting Direction

Hello everyone, first of all thank you for taking the time to view this. I would hate to be a hassel but this is going to sound like multiple topics I have been looking through lately. I am not all that new to AutoIt though I am very new to scripting and programming. I have dabbled in a few languages sush as Java and C++, now currently working on Visual Basic .NET at my Tech School program. And where I understand the extreme basics of programming, I am a bit lost and lacking on direction. I have been messing around with AutoIt for a little over a year now and I regret to say it is ridiculus how much I don't knowabout this language. I havn't even been through all the help files. I know that the help files alone can help a great deal but it is all a matter of how you combine what you learn and put it to use.

Introduction over, heres my point:

I am planning a project and have a few at least layed out a few objectivesbefore I start planning a structure for it. I would like to create a botting program for a 2D side scroller game.

Objectives:

-Search For Monsters (Pixel Search Function For This)

-Auto Move To Within Attacking Range (Coordinate System)

-Auto Loot The Body (Also Coordinate System I Think)

-Auto Potions When Needed (Not sure how to read an in game bar, yet)

-Auto Responses To Chat (Not sure how to read an in game chat box, yet)

-Game Runs Within A GUI (IF this is possible, and wiht Auto It, there are seemingly limitless possibilities)

Those are the primary Objectives, but I'd like to do this one bit at a time, as I am in no hurry.

I know how to send input and I know im gonna have to look into PixelSearch functions.

But I would like any direction to this that may help me, tips or anything, all is appreciated.

By the way, the game I've chosen to test my scripts already has extensive problems with hackers, so I know that the system is easy to get through, and it will seem like I myself am sending the input commands anyways.

Again, any tips are much appreciated in guiding me to learn more on this. Thanks for your time.

- The713

I have to say this, bots are not easy things to make, especially for an admittedly noobie scripter, I strongly recommend starting off with an easier project, just to familiarize yourself with the language and it's syntax.

If I were you, I'd do a few "Hello worlds" and look over the help documentation before beginning to try to write a bot. especially one that does all of those things.

I have to say this, bots are not easy things to make, especially for an admittedly noobie scripter, I strongly recommend starting off with an easier project, just to familiarize yourself with the language and it's syntax.

If I were you, I'd do a few "Hello worlds" and look over the help documentation before beginning to try to write a bot. especially one that does all of those things.

I'm not a full newb, and I get sick of "hello world"s rather fast, i pick things up rather quickly, after all all that ever changes is the language the concet is always the same. Thanks though, I am currently looking through some of the helpfile and examples. I'm not sure I know where to start though. Hence the need in help.

Download and work through Welcome to AutoIt 1-2-3 you will find a section about game bots (if I remember right). You will find a link to it in my sig.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother