_StringBetween Question

in reality, Autoit is a wrapper.... no??

Like every other programming language except assembler, but that's not the point. I only ment if it's not better for a newbie to start with simple regexp use instead of using functions that are based on regexp, and regexp is so big and can do just anything so you have to make like a bazillion functions to cover them all. I.e. what if I want a string between two strings but only when a CRLF occures at the end of the searched string, does _StringBetween cover it? That was my point :)

• Moderators

Like every other programming language except assembler, but that's not the point. I only ment if it's not better for a newbie to start with simple regexp use instead of using functions that are based on regexp, and regexp is so big and can do just anything so you have to make like a bazillion functions to cover them all. I.e. what if I want a string between two strings but only when a CRLF occures at the end of the searched string, does _StringBetween cover it? That was my point :)

Sure it does.... but like any other function, it's the scripters responsibility to properly format it.

Your argument is moot... by your argument we should all just quit autoit and learn to do things in C++ or ASM, otherwise, what's the point.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

I dont know the function _StringBetween and what it does, so I cant help you...

If you don't know _StringBetween, don't use it :)

... but I dont know anything about this _StringBetween function, since I dont have it.

I.e. what if I want a string between two strings but only when a CRLF occures at the end of the searched string, does _StringBetween cover it? That was my point :D

... I made my point ...

Really... You think

8)

NEWHeader1.png