Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gotikiller

A Peculiar Problem

4 posts in this topic

Hello, I am in a bit of a conundrum. I need to copy text from a program. I can not save the text file, and I need to do some sort of copy/paste. I tried to use the ControlGetText, but for some reason the text cant be seen by autoit. What I need to know if I can do is a MouseClickHold. If there is a function that can simulate a mouse clicking and holding until I tell it to stop, I can just use the mousewheel scroll a few times and it will work.

So my question is simply (if you decide to skip the previous illegible paragraph) is it possible to use Autoit to simulate a mouse clicking and holding until I tell it to stop

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

Hello, I am in a bit of a conundrum. I need to copy text from a program. I can not save the text file, and I need to do some sort of copy/paste. I tried to use the ControlGetText, but for some reason the text cant be seen by autoit. What I need to know if I can do is a MouseClickHold. If there is a function that can simulate a mouse clicking and holding until I tell it to stop, I can just use the mousewheel scroll a few times and it will work.

So my question is simply (if you decide to skip the previous illegible paragraph) is it possible to use Autoit to simulate a mouse clicking and holding until I tell it to stop

MouseClickDrag() MouseDown()

if its Copy/Paste you want Try

ClipGet()

ClipPut()

Edited by Paulie

is it possible to use Autoit to simulate a mouse clicking and holding until I tell it to stop

MouseClickDrag()

if its Copy/Paste you want Try

ClipGet()

ClipPut()

Do you mean MouseDown()?

[center]Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.[/center]

Do you mean MouseDown()?

:)

I knew that...

lol sorry wasn't using my head