Text replacement

JRob

Please don't flame me, but I have a question. I found AutoHotKey about 6 months ago and have been using it since then. I really like it, but I think I would like AutoIt more since I am a programmer. There are some simple things that I like about AHK that I can't seem to spot how to do in AutoIt. Note, I have not yet installed AutoIt. I have a couple of one line hotkeys that basically replace text with something else e.g. workmail becomes My.Work@EmailAddress.com. It is done with one line and is pretty simple to set up. I think AutoIt is more powerful and with that goes some simplicity, but does anyone know how to replicate this functionality?

Currently I am only doing some simple macroing, but in the not too distant future, I am thinking about doing some more heavy automation, and I think that AutoIt will be the better tool for the job. However, my current set up will have to transfer without any hitches. Any ideas?

TIA!

Hi,

so what to do?

It is possible with Autoit!

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

Hi,

sure depends on what you want.

Replace in file, clipboard, registry, ...

Show what you want and I'll have a look what I can share. :)

So long,

Mega

Edited by th.meger

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

• Moderators

If you are doing this from within a file, you could use:

FileRead() + (StringReplace() or StringRegExpReplace()) + FileWrite()

If you are just trying to manipulate a string, then all you need is StringReplace() or StringRegExpReplace()

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.