Starting My Computer

Lej

Ok, so I'm not sure what file to call to start My Computer. I could use explorer.exe but if I do I get the folders sidebar when it starts and I really would like to avoid that in this case. I know you can create shortcuts that start My Computer by using "shell:DriveFolder" can this perhaps be used somehow?

Edit: Noticed there's a /n parameter which makes explorer open in single-pane mode but I still would prefer to use My Computer if possible.

Edited by Lej

Ok, so I'm not sure what file to call to start My Computer. I could use explorer.exe but if I do I get the folders sidebar when it starts and I really would like to avoid that in this case. I know you can create shortcuts that start My Computer by using "shell:DriveFolder" can this perhaps be used somehow?

Edit: Noticed there's a /n parameter which makes explorer open in single-pane mode but I still would prefer to use My Computer if possible.

you can open explorer.exe to the "My Computer Directory using the CLSID

By typing this into run

explorer.exe /e,/root,::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}

As for removing the folders menu when you star, i'm not 100% sure how to do that, but i'm sure its a folder setting somewhere.

I ended up using:

explorer.exe /n,"pathToOpen"

Works like charm. Looks exaclty like when starting through My Computer

For me at least. This is just for a small cmdline ulti to make folder shortcuts that always open on my TV which I use as secondary monitor for movie viewing so no big deal ^^