64-bit ULong

pdaughe

Hello,

I am using an ActiveX control with a method that requires a 64-bit argument. I'm under the impression integers in Auto-It are always 32-bit numbers, correct?

How can I pass a 64-bit argument to the method?

Thanks in advance.

Paul

P.S. Happy Birthday Francis!

I'm not seeing the link here between AutoIt and what it does and what you need to do. None of the AutoIt functions take a 64-bit argument so you need to explain the link between what AutoIt's integers are and what you are trying to do.

I'm not seeing the link here between AutoIt and what it does and what you need to do. None of the AutoIt functions take a 64-bit argument so you need to explain the link between what AutoIt's integers are and what you are trying to do.

Thanks for the reply Valik. I'm not calling an Auto-It function, but a method of an ActiveX control (instantiated via ObjCreate). The other methods of the control work fine, but a couple of the methods require a ULong argument, which I gleaned from the Internet is a 64-bit number in the C programming language.

So the question is, how can I pass a 64-bit integer to the method?

Thanks again,

Paul

Oh, I see, you're posting in the wrong forum. You have an AutoIt question and are asking it in the AutoItX forum.

Have you... tried just passing the argument? AutoIt can convert to a 64-bit number internally when necessary.

Oh, I see, you're posting in the wrong forum. You have an AutoIt question and are asking it in the AutoItX forum.

Have you... tried just passing the argument? AutoIt can convert to a 64-bit number internally when necessary.

Sorry, I'm relatively new to message forums -- I did try to pick the right one!

Yes, I've tried passing just a normal Auto-It number. It may in fact be something else, but the documentation for the control states a ULong number for the method, versus other methods for the control which state "long." I looked Ulong up and it seems to be a 64-bit number in C. Actually, I don't understand why the method would require a 64-bit number; the argument is just a RGB color value -- but there are many things in this world I don't understand. I've never used DLLStruct and was wondering if somehow that would provide a solution. I would think others may have encountered COM objects or ActiveX controls that require 64-bit arguments....