Digital Chaos MacGyver Toolkit

dinodod

:) Since I live and die by Google, I've made a page just for my project and thus posted my project there.

In short, a collection of tools for any IT geek who needs to remotely manage their network, without the need to interrupt users and/or waste valuable time walking around. I've seen many posts for several different GUI's and I'll be assimilating pieces of code from all over this site to better develop my project. I hope to make this the one stop toolkit for everyone.

More info and link to download:

Digital Chaos - Life as we know it today.I'm a Think Tank. Problem is, my tank is empty.The Quieter you are, the more you can HearWhich would you choose - Peace without Freedom or Freedom without Peace?Digital Chaos Macgyver ToolkitCompletely Dynamic MenuSQLIte controlsAD FunctionsEXCEL UDFPC / Software Inventory UDFPC / Software Inventory 2GaFrost's Admin Toolkit - My main competitor :)Virtual SystemsVMWAREMicrosoft Virtual PC 2007

:) Since I live and die by Google, I've made a page just for my project and thus posted my project there.

In short, a collection of tools for any IT geek who needs to remotely manage their network, without the need to interrupt users and/or waste valuable time walking around. I've seen many posts for several different GUI's and I'll be assimilating pieces of code from all over this site to better develop my project. I hope to make this the one stop toolkit for everyone.

More info and link to download:

This should go in "Example Scripts".

This should go in "Example Scripts".

Honestly, I didn't think it was ready enough to be placed there. I know that the Remote Admn Tool is a very in-depth piece of software. Trust me, I went nuts last night looking over the code and ended up with more questions than I knew what to do with :)

I am not trying to steal any credit from them. in fact, their solution has opened my eyes to way more options than I thought was possible. Their GUI is much prettier than mine is but keep in mnd, my project is on the side @ work. "Not paid to sit around and program" ya know :D

Digital Chaos - Life as we know it today.I'm a Think Tank. Problem is, my tank is empty.The Quieter you are, the more you can HearWhich would you choose - Peace without Freedom or Freedom without Peace?Digital Chaos Macgyver ToolkitCompletely Dynamic MenuSQLIte controlsAD FunctionsEXCEL UDFPC / Software Inventory UDFPC / Software Inventory 2GaFrost's Admin Toolkit - My main competitor :)Virtual SystemsVMWAREMicrosoft Virtual PC 2007

V.3 is underway. Major overhaul on GUI interface. Trying to work on more functionality.

Is that Vista with AERO effects? Why, yes it is!

Posted Image

Edited by dinodod

V.2 is underway. Major overhaul on GUI interface. Trying to work on more functionality.

Is that Vista with AERO effects? Why, yes it is!

Posted Image

When I try to download your app my antivirus give me a message and erase your app saying that's is a script dangerous , I use Panda software.

I'm having some serious GUI issues where my GUI's are disappearing / not launching when I click on a control. This is becoming more serious as time goes on. I've asked for help on this matter and am awaiting for responses. I've been told that others have had similar issues with their GUIs. Is it perhaps a bug?

Well, I may have stabalized my GUI interface. I ended up ripping apart my applet and making grand use of FUNCTIONS for just about everything. So far it apears to be working.

Now I just need to verify that all the commands work which means I need to do a lot of GLOBAL declarations :) But if it works, I'm ok with the GLOBALs

Well, I may have stabalized my GUI interface. I ended up ripping apart my applet and making grand use of FUNCTIONS for just about everything. So far it apears to be working.

Hey, thats not a bad thing. It's the way you should have done it in the first place..:D

Now I just need to verify that all the commands work which means I need to do a lot of GLOBAL declarations :) But if it works, I'm ok with the GLOBALs

Just curious, how did isolating the gui creation in a function increase the amount of GLOBAL declarations?

All my variables are being pulled into / out of functions where before I wasn't using them. I'm now passing variables from one function into another.

I.E. My treeview menu is in a function. The buttons are variables that get passed into another function to be validated in a Case / Select loop where I find out which button is pressed.

So from what I understand about variables, passing htem in/out functions requires a gobal settiing, otherwise, they aren't reconized. I saw that as soon as I put my 1st menu into a function

P.S. Any other useful tips on coding?

Edited by dinodod