Error handling

Hello,

i've added some command lines into the $CMDLine, but if check (with msgbox) what the return is, using

$CMDLineRaw it returns a: /ErrorStdOut, what is that?

- me

Nobody will understand what you are talking about, without some AU3 code.....

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

• Developers

Hello,

i've added some command lines into the $CMDLine, but if check (with msgbox) what the return is, using

$CMDLineRaw it returns a: /ErrorStdOut, what is that?

- me

the /ErrorStdOut switch is used to tell AutoIt3 to pipe output to STDOUT instead of showing a MSGBOX in case of errors ...

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

well, its very hard to explain,

i've got a file type called [.eq1] i've edited the file types of windows so it will run my autoitscript when you click on the [.eq1] type of file, like: file.eq1.

I was trying to get the filename, using the $CMDLine. It works, it says the whole filename of the clicked file, but the problem is, it shows STDout error in front of the file and then exits my program.

;File: converter.au3
;FileClicked: AnFile.eq1

;;  Setup
$fileN  =   $CMDLineRaw
MsgBox(0, "show result", $CMDLineRaw)
$file   =   FileOpen($fileN, 0)
$read   =   FileRead($file)

i've added a MsgBox command to check what the variable $CMDLineRaw holds, it result equals to: /ErrorStdOut "Converter.au3"

what is the problem, that it gives the error?

(normally, there shouldn't be a "/ErrorStdOut" string inside the $CMDLineRaw variable.)

-me

i've added a MsgBox command to check what the variable $CMDLineRaw holds, it result equals to: /ErrorStdOut "Converter.au3"

what is the problem, that it gives the error?

(normally, there shouldn't be a "/ErrorStdOut" string inside the $CMDLineRaw variable.)

how did you start the script? Maybe from Scite by pressing F5 or ALT+F5?

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *