Java Swing GUI supported by Auto It?

Can Java Swing GUIs be automated with Auto It in the same way like normal Windows programs?

I mean not just moving the mouse and clicking on some coordinates, but something like pressing a button no matter which application is in front or currently has focus.

Just like ControlSend, but for Java Swing GUIs.

Let us no when you have tried. But from the top of my head, no maybe sometimes. I think Java Swing does not rely entirely on win32 GUI widgets, but creates it's own on a canvas. Might be wrong though. So I'm looking forward to hear your conclusion after you have tried.

happy scripting.

Let us no when you have tried. But from the top of my head, no maybe sometimes. I think Java Swing does not rely entirely on win32 GUI widgets, but creates it's own on a canvas. Might be wrong though. So I'm looking forward to hear your conclusion after you have tried.

happy scripting.

Maybe some has tried already and can tell me?

I mean, Swing is one of the common GUI APIs.

Java does not expose it's widgets to the OS the way that Win32 apps do and it does not expose a Document Object Model (DOM) that way that HTML documents do.

It is possible that a specific Java library could expose an external interaction interface (e.g. through Javascript), but I know of no generalized one. Otherwise you are left with whatever methods (likely undocumented) the applet developer exposes or using other techniques like coordinate mouse clicks and tabs as mentioned earlier.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble