Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CoePSX

Error with InternetOpenUrl

1 post in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

I've been trying to replicate the InetGet function from AutoIt with the asynchronous mode feature for an updater program in C. Everything else is going just fine, but I got locked at the download part.

What happens is that when I use InternetOpen with the INTERNET_FLAG_ASYNC flag, the InternetOpenUrl fails. Calling GetLastError I get the error 0x3E5.

Here's the error part of the code:

void Test2 (void) {
    HINTERNET hNet;
    HINTERNET hOpen;
    char szError[512];

hNet = InternetOpen ("Test", INTERNET_OPEN_TYPE_PRECONFIG, NULL, 0, INTERNET_FLAG_ASYNC);
    if (! hNet) {
        FormatMessage (FORMAT_MESSAGE_FROM_SYSTEM, NULL, GetLastError(), 0, szError, sizeof(szError), NULL);
        MessageBox (NULL, szError, "ERROR_InternetOpen", 0);
        return;
    }

//InternetSetStatusCallback (hNet, (INTERNET_STATUS_CALLBACK) _InternetStatusCallback);

hOpen = InternetOpenUrl (hNet, "http://www.ceramika.com.br/velocidade/index.php", NULL, 0, 0, (DWORD) szError);
    if (! hOpen) {
        FormatMessage (FORMAT_MESSAGE_FROM_SYSTEM, NULL, GetLastError(), 0, szError, sizeof(szError), NULL);
        MessageBox (NULL, szError, "ERROR_InternetOpenUrl", 0);
        return;
    }
}

Changing the callback function or not still gives me the same error.

Anyone knows what might be wrong with this?

EDIT: Nevermind, i found ou URLDownloadToFile. :)

Edited by CoePSX

[quote name='Valik' post='301213' date='Jan 31 2007, 10:36 PM']You seem to have a habit of putting things in the wrong place. I feel sorry for any female you attempt to have sex with.[/quote][font="Lucida Sans Unicode"][/font]