Icon not displaying correctly on Windows XP 64bit

Hello I put a icon in my GUI and it works fine on windows 2000 pro/server.

but I installed XP pro 64bit and now the icon doesnt display correctly

Sometimes it looks fine. But most of the time its all broken up and only a line or 2 of the icon displays

Thanks

MajSlaye420

• Moderators

Hello I put a icon in my GUI and it works fine on windows 2000 pro/server.

but I installed XP pro 64bit and now the icon doesnt display correctly

Sometimes it looks fine. But most of the time its all broken up and only a line or 2 of the icon displays

Thanks

MajSlaye420

Maybe you should check how you made the icon? Don't see what this has to do with AutoIt, other than I know I had to edit my own icons (could only put 32x32 and 16x16 to work properly).

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Is it an icon that contains the normal sizes and colors? The normal colors are 16 colors, 256 colors, and 32 bit color. Then 16x16, 32x32, and 48x48 for sizes. In a few rare cases, they need to be in a certain order in the file even.

Well I used icon32. and had no problems with the icons displaying till i installed XP Pro 64bit. I think that has something to due with it..

Sometimes the icon displays fine.. most of the time it doesnt.

I currently am expanding the icon to a larger size. ill try showing it at the default size

MajSlayer420

Okay I fixed it.. Had to put in 2 commands to get it to display correctly

$Icon1 = GUICtrlCreateIcon("Skull7.ico", 0, 180, 315, 48, 54, BitOR($SS_NOTIFY,$WS_GROUP))

$Icon1 = GUICtrlCreateIcon("Skull7.ico", 0, 180, 315, 48, 54, BitOR($SS_NOTIFY,$WS_GROUP))

Stange, slight bug somewhere , least its fixable

Thanks anyhow

MajSlayer420

• Moderators

Okay I fixed it.. Had to put in 2 commands to get it to display correctly

Stange, slight bug somewhere , least its fixable

Thanks anyhow

MajSlayer420

Curious on why you had to draw it twice.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.