Variable name in Title window

notta

Do you have to put the entire window title name in the WinWaitActive command? The title of the Window is going to have a variable that is going to be different on every machine. Can you put the first couple words?

WinWaitActive ("Intellisync - Palm OS - c Configuration")

-------------------------------------------------^"c" above is going to change to the name the user has setup on their Palm

Could I use WinWaitActive ("Intellisync - Palm OS - ")

Also, how do you deal with popups? This application, after install and right at the same time the next window in the script is going to run, pops up and IE window checking for updates. This changes my active window. If you don't mind, just point me to the right command and I'll search for it. Thanks.

notta

Edited by notta

Do you have to put the entire window title name in the WinWaitActive command? The title of the Window is going to have a variable that is going to be different on every machine. Can you put the first couple words?

see option WinTitleMatchMode.

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

• Moderators

see option WinTitleMatchMode.

Maybe even something like:

Opt('WinTitleMatchMode', 4)
WinWaitActive("regexp=Intellisync\s-\sPalm\sOS\s-\s.*Configuration")

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

I think that will work, but the IE pop is killing me. How can I close the IE window or set the Intellisync window to the active window?

WinWaitActive("regexp=Intellisync\s-\sPalm\sOS\s-\s.*Configuration")

I understand what most of that means, but what does .*Configuration mean?

• Moderators

I think that will work, but the IE pop is killing me. How can I close the IE window or set the Intellisync window to the active window?

I understand what most of that means, but what does .*Configuration mean?

Um...

WinWaitActive ("Intellisync - Palm OS - c Configuration")

I got that out of what you had posted :) .

WinSetOnTop() is probably what you want to place intellisync on top.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.