prefered editor

hey, guys.. i'm started to use languages other than autoit and i wondering whcih is the prefered editor/libary to use? I currently have code::blocks and devc++, i really want to write dlls to use with autoit, and adventure further onto other functuons, but write now need someone opinion on which is best editor

Don't bother, It's inside your monitor!------GUISetOnEvent should behave more like HotKeySet()

hi

the BEST editor is always the one that suits your needs best ..

its also a matter of the price tag..

so for every one this may be a different editor..

i like the scite that integrates autoit nicely, although i miss a debugger like in visual studio, and the configuration may be a pain compared to other editors....

i also use KODA alot for designing autoit GUI which can be integrated into scite, but i dont use this, i can handle copy paste..

nobbe

I love DevC++ for anything C++.

But when I'm homebrewing on my DS I use Programmers Notepad.

And SciTe is good for PHP, HTML, AutoIt, et cetera.

Edited by AutoItKing
http://www.autoitking.co.nr Site is DOWN | My deviantART | No Topic Topic - Don't do it!-------------------- UDF's/Scripts:AutoIt: [BenEditor 3.6] [_ShutDown()]PHP: [CommentScript]Web Based AutoIt: [MemStats] [HTML to AU3] [User LogIn and SignUp script]

now need someone opinion on which is best editor

there is NO best editor. There is probably a best editor for YOU. So, test some of them and then make your decision. I use Scite and vim.

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

there is NO best editor....

:whistle: You want to bet on that... :)

Oh, well your a vim user, so I supose you have seen the light already :lol:

On the serious side. As everyone already have pointed out, whatever fits your habits is the best. I guess thats the reason there are so many code editors around. Every coder has his/her own preferences..:)

EDIT: Ass is not as...

Edited by Uten

I use eclipse for java, dev's for c++, and scite for autoit simply because all those programs nicely integrate with the compilers (and the intellisense is nice too). However 90% of the time I still use notepad++ to write most of my code. I like it because its simple, has syntax highlighting, has a small footprint (usb stick), and supports tabs and splitscreen. One day I hope to learn vim or emacs since they seem to be the editors for the serious programmers, but the recreationist has no need for those two I think.

[Disclaimer.... these are my dumbass opinions only.]

I use eclipse for java, dev's for c++, and scite for autoit simply because all those programs nicely integrate with the compilers (and the intellisense is nice too). However 90% of the time I still use notepad++ to write most of my code. I like it because its simple, has syntax highlighting, has a small footprint (usb stick), and supports tabs and splitscreen. One day I hope to learn vim or emacs since they seem to be the editors for the serious programmers, but the recreationist has no need for those two I think.

[Disclaimer.... these are my dumbass opinions only.]

I have modified Scite4AutoIt3 to run from a usb stick, with all the tools and goodies that comes along.

The nice thing with VIM is that it runs on most OS platforms you will ever encounter and you have the console/gui version. The console version is actually really handy. The pain with VIM (and EMACS) is that you have to use it every day to remember the shortcutkeys, witch there are zillions of.

SciTE runs on *nix/X11 so that makes it really friendly if you have to switch between *nix and Windows. Don't know if the *nix version can easily be carried around on a USB stick though.

thnsk for the replies.. I might add to the list, pspad , and jedit are also pretty well done editors..

theres among millions of editors floating around. :">

don't forget "edlin" and "echo"

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *