Send() In Windows Me?

So first, hi all this is my first post. I hope i post in right forum etc.etc...

So i developed some scripts in AutoIT but when i gave it to friends which use Windows ME they say it don't work. Especially the send() commands ...

Is there any Information about Send+ Windows ME ? Something i could find in this forum? Please help.

For Info: the Script works for me and all other Windows XP / 2000 Users which tested....

Edited by forever

Do you by any chance use a BlockInput(1) line in your code? If so, you'll notice that there's a note in the helpfile about that command:

Windows 98/Me User input is blocked but AutoIt is also unable to simulate input.

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

Do you by any chance use a BlockInput(1) line in your code?  If so, you'll notice that there's a note in the helpfile about that command:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope. I already searched the Helpfile from AutoIT about the problem and found about BlockInput, but i dont use this command...never.. should i use it to "disable" ? (but i never enabled... )

what're you sending to? can you write a basic one for them to test, open notepad and send some text, something like that? It could be the other app you're interfacing with.

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)

what're you sending to?  can you write a basic one for them to test, open notepad and send some text, something like that?  It could be the other app you're interfacing with.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't Works.

I removed the ActiveWindowCheck so the prog could send to Notepad.. didn't work. Normally i'm trying to send to DiabloII, works fine with WinXP and Win2000

Don't Works.

I removed the ActiveWindowCheck so the prog could send to Notepad.. didn't work. Normally i'm trying to send to DiabloII, works fine with WinXP and Win2000

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Could you try this code under ME? If it still doesn't work for you I can do a quick install of ME to my spare hard drive and run it myself, but I see no reason why it should fail. Also, what version of AutoIt are you running?

Run("notepad.exe")
WinWait("Untitled - Notepad")
WinActivate("Untitled - Notepad")
Send("This test confirms that the send worked")
Edited by pekster

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

Could you try this code under ME?  If it still doesn't work for you I can do a quick install of ME to my spare hard drive and run it myself, but I see no reason why it should fail.  Also, what version of AutoIt are you running?

[...]

I don't need to try that i think.

My friend tried a script where only "send("just a test")" is inserted..

(i gave him a compiled version, if this is relevant... i hope not because it would be terrible ^^)

I am using AutoIT 3 .. and windows xp :ph34r:

I'm asking you to try my code so I know excatally what you've run. If it fails I will install ME to test it. And I do care what version of AutoIt You used to compile it so that I can test the exact same code with the exact same version. If you are using the 3.0.102 beta, please give me the release date with it (although I'd settle for 3.0.102 over nothing.)

If you want me to help you solve the problem, then please do this small check.

I compiled the 4 lines of code I used in my post above, and I had success running the binaries under windows ME. Here are the AutoIt versions that I compiled the binaries with. Also, no updates or patches were applied to ME, so these scripts work with an "out of the box" install of ME.

Versions used:

• AutoIt 3.0.101 official release
  • AutoIt 3.0.102 05-17 release
  • AutoIt 3.0.102 06-16 release
  • AutoIt 3.0.102 07-20 release
  • AutoIt 3.0.102 08-01 release
  • AutoIt 3.0.102 Release Canidate (08-02 release)
This shows a comple things. First of all, it shows that the Send() call does work corectally under ME with the versions listed above. Second, it shows that it will work fine in a compiled version.

I am guessing you messed up your code, or are using a version of AutoIt that has a very strange bug. If you used a version not listed above in my tests and would like me to try my code with the version that you used, just let me know.

Typo fixed

Edited by pekster

• Administrators

My guess is that the code is for a bot, and we all know that the Send() command has trouble in certain games under certain OSes due to the anti hooking/botting measures in the game.

Pekster: thank you, i'll try as soon as my friend is avaible (with your version and your code)

Jon: you're wrong, its for a game yes, but i also tried with notepad.. ..huh?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

do other commands work on their computer via autoit? like msgboxes and inputs and stuff like that? is the script running at all? might they have an overzealous anti-virus app blocking the autoit exe?

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)

do other commands work on their computer via autoit?  like msgboxes and inputs and stuff like that?  is the script running at all?  might they have an overzealous anti-virus app blocking the autoit exe?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, my old script (for Diablo II the game) used MsgBoxes, Ini-Creation etc...

All worked/work

So you can be sure AutoIT works on their computers, but whats up with send().. i dont know.. there was still no friend online to test with pekster's version/script :ph34r: