Interact with Upgrade windows...

smooter

Hello all,

First of all, let me say I am NOT a programmer, nor will I ever profess to be! Second, let me apologize if those of you well versed in AutoIT don't like to be called "programmers". I plead ignorance!

Ok, I have a cheesy little app from a vendor of mine that I have successfully generated an installation script for. It will install the application just fine, and without my input. (pretty proud of that, though it is quite easy!)

The application doesn't really have "upgrades" like usual apps, their idea of an upgrade basically means to "install over top" of the existing installation. This is all well and good.

However, I am attempting to configure a single script that will be used for both installation and upgrades. The only difference in the install process is a prompt that displays that says that the application is already installed in the directory chosen.

I simply need to add a section that says: "if the destination directory already exists, confirm it is ok to overwrite it".

This is my code so far:

;BlockInput(1)

run("\\fs01\apps\!Installation\app\setup.exe")

WinWaitActive("APP", "program will install")

Send("{ENTER}")

WinWaitActive("Financial")

Send("pc")

Send("{TAB}")

Send("192.168.2.2")

Send("{TAB}")

Send("1400")

Send("{TAB}")

Send("{ENTER}")

--Right here a window with a title of "Install" and text of "...already exists.." and a simple "Ok" or "Cancel" option would pop up if the software is already installed--

--Then the installation would continue with the following:

WinWaitActive("Financial", "Choose the location in which to install the client")

Send("{ENTER}")

WinWaitActive("Form")

Send("{ENTER}")

WinWaitActive("Form", "Front Office")

Send("{ENTER}")

WinWaitActive("Thank")

Send("{ENTER}")

;BlockInput(0)

How do I get the script to accept the prompt, and then continue. I am sure it is something like: if WinActive("Install", "already exists") then something...no idea!

Thanks,

sm00ter

Edited by smooter

Have you tried building something based on FileExists ( "path" )

No I haven't, but then as I said before, I am not very "script" or "programming" bright!

My thought of doing it the way I described is because it already prompts if the data already exists, I should be able to simply react to the pop-up prompts and then continue the script.

Your idea is to check and see if the data exists already, and then decide which script to run correct? Has merit, hadn't thought of that.

Got any examples?

Thanks!