Ghost Key

Guest kahoona

Guest kahoona

Looking to create my own ghost key software to keep an eye on the kids. Is there an easy way to record keyboard strokes, and send through to a file (perhaps inifile) so it can be reviewed in the future? Can autoit provide such functionality? I know there is a inifilewrite command, but I cant get my head around how to record the keystrokes. Cheers :ph34r:

You might try just logging to a running log instead of an ini file. You can use MouseGetPos() to get the current position of the mouse, WinGetTitle("") to get the title of the currently active window, etc. There is no way I know of to capture the mouse clicks, but you can do just about anything else.

Who else would I be?

If it's to spy on the kids, then you might want to try non-scripted options ( :ph34r: ) like PrintKey 2000 (free) which you can configure to take snapshots of the screen periodically. Or freeware loggers which you can Google for.

Don't know how old / responsible the kids are (or are expected to be) .. but the fact that the logfiles from freeware apps or the image files from PrintKey are all easily accessible can be useful. You can deem that any files missing or tampered with will be seen in the same light as evidence of transgression; but it also gives you an opportunity to explore trust and integrity issues with them.

HTH :(