source must be string

Wacken

Using the function: FileInstall ( "source", "dest" [, flag] )

I would to make an installer for multiple different but simmilar applications.

I would like to place the "source" paths and "dest" paths that go with it on top of the file.

However: "The source path of the file to compile. This must be a literal string; it cannot be a variable."

Is there no option in the compiler to make words that will be replaced by the string i provide with for word and can be used for this function?

I used this in CPP in the past, but i don't know the right word for it :whistle: sort of constants that are replaced at compile time.

Well as stated it has to be a string... You may though write a little script by the side to help you write all the file installs :whistle:

Sleep(5000)

;To target Scite

For $i = 0 To 10

Send('FileInstall("C:\MyDest\' & $i & '.exe", "C:\dest")' & @CRLF )

Next

Start here if you are new Valuater's AutoIT 1-2-3Looking for an UDF - Look hereDo you need to do it twice - Autoit

• Moderators

Well as stated it has to be a string... You may though write a little script by the side to help you write all the file installs :whistle:

Sleep(5000)

;To target Scite

For $i = 0 To 10

Send('FileInstall("C:\MyDest\' & $i & '.exe", "C:\dest")' & @CRLF )

Next

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...c=34805&hl=

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

Baah no fun for me... everytime i make a smallscript to help, you already have a fully script with a nice interface :whistle:

No worries, I've been here a tad longer :) .

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.