Image/Pixel Search - of sorts

What do you mean by "get the pixel group"? Do you mean, how do you get the hex code for the colour of the pixel you want to search for?

If so, I took a screenshot of my webpage, opened it in MS Paint, selected the colour and went to the Edit Colours screen, then click on Define Custom Colours, this will show you the RGB colour codes. Once you have that go to this web page http://www.javascripter.net/faq/rgbtohex.htm and convert your RGB to hex and job done.

• Moderators

k got another... what the script for when a pixel changes color from the original. then it presses a button

Might want to start you own thread rather than hijacking this one... your questions and the OPs questions are not relevant to each other.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

What do you mean by "get the pixel group"?

Yeah, that's a bit confusing. My original post in this thread might clear things up a bit more than I'm able to right now (a little fried). I'll give it a shot though. I need to create an if-statement that looks for a particular group of pixels (a specific image) and then click in that area. It is a picture of a printer (the image is inside a poorly scripted Visual Basic/Fox Pro program so it doesn't have any hotkeys or tabindex). I'm reading through and testing the info that Fear1313 and Smoke_n provided at the beginnin of this thread. However, I'm a bit lost in everything right now.

A decision is a powerful thing

Lar, that's definitely cool! Really neath methods man! I didn't know/realize that you could have a box follow the mouse around. Sheesh, I'm luvin' this. Only thing is though I don't totally understand the script. Is it saving also the area around the script too so it can differentiate from other similar colors on the screen?

A decision is a powerful thing