Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sandman

IniWrite not writing correct data

7 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Okay.. this is part of a code I am making and contains a bunch of GUICtrlRead() and IniWrite() functions. Every other IniWrite() function works fine except for this one. I will show the variables and the IniWrite part:

$key1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("z", 64, 136, 9, 17)
$dash1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("-", 72, 136, 7, 17)
$key2 = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 80, 136, 25, 21)
$key3 = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 120, 136, 25, 21)oÝ÷ Ù«­¢+Ø$$%%¹¥]É¥Ñ ÅÕ½Ðí¡µ½ÁÑ¥½¸¹¥¹¤ÅÕ½Ðì°ÅÕ½Ðí5ɼÅÕ½Ðì°ÅÕ½Ðí­äÄÅÕ½Ðì°ÀÌØí­äĤ($$%U%
ÑɱMÑÑ ÀÌØíÁɽÉÍÌ°ÐȤ($$$ÀÌØíɽµÈôU%
ÑɱI ÀÌØí­äȤ($$%%¹¥]É¥Ñ ÅÕ½Ðí¡µ½ÁÑ¥½¸¹¥¹¤ÅÕ½Ðì°ÅÕ½Ðí5ɼÅÕ½Ðì°ÅÕ½Ðí­äÈÅÕ½Ðì°ÀÌØí­äȤ($$%U%
ÑɱMÑÑ ÀÌØíÁɽÉÍÌ°Ðà¤($$$ÀÌØíɽµÌôU%
ÑɱI ÀÌØí­ä̤($$%%¹¥]É¥Ñ ÅÕ½Ðí¡µ½ÁÑ¥½¸¹¥¹¤ÅÕ½Ðì°ÅÕ½Ðí5ɼÅÕ½Ðì°ÅÕ½Ðí­äÌÅÕ½Ðì°ÀÌØí­äÌ

I put '1' and 'z' into $key2 and $key3, but this is how the .ini file comes out:

[Macro]key1=13

key2=15

key3=16

Why is this happening?

Thanks for the help in advance,

Sandman

Edited by sandman

[center]"Yes, [our app] runs on Windows as well as Linux, but if you had a Picasso painting, would you put it in the bathroom?" -BitchX.com (IRC client)"I would change the world, but they won't give me the source code." -Unknownsite . blog . portfolio . claimidcode.is.poetry();[/center]

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

It should work.

You have to put $readcomb2 inside the IniWrite not $key2

$readcomb2 = GUICtrlRead($key2)
IniWrite("hmoption.ini", "Macro", "key2", $readcomb2)
Edited by J0ker

IniWrite("hmoption.ini", "Macro", "key1", GUICtrlRead($key1))
?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Oh.. whoops Joker. Forgot to change that. Smoke_N, I would have done it that way but I just like having things a bit more separated and distinguished. It's easier for me if I want to edit it later if it's like that.

[center]"Yes, [our app] runs on Windows as well as Linux, but if you had a Picasso painting, would you put it in the bathroom?" -BitchX.com (IRC client)"I would change the world, but they won't give me the source code." -Unknownsite . blog . portfolio . claimidcode.is.poetry();[/center]

@SandMan : What I wrote works for me. It's exactly like Smoke but the CtrlRead is outside the Iniwrite so it's more "distinguished" like you said.

Oh.. whoops Joker. Forgot to change that. Smoke_N, I would have done it that way but I just like having things a bit more separated and distinguished. It's easier for me if I want to edit it later if it's like that.

I didn't get past your first line of code sandman... with that you weren't showing the GUICtrlRead() you were only showing the $key1.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Oh, I didn't copy that one in. That line does exist, I must have missed it when I selected that area.