Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bigred

Function Request

4 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

I was wondering if the following functions could be added. Or if there is a reason they were omitted, could someone tell me?

MemGetStats

SoundPlay

SoundSetWaveVolume

TimerStart(Init)

TimerStop(Diff)

File-Functions (pretty much all of them)

Also I was wondering why AutoItX is "beta". Is it not stable yet?

Edited by bigred

I was wondering if the following functions could be added.  Or if there is a reason they were omitted, could someone tell me?

MemGetStats

SoundPlay

SoundSetWaveVolume

TimerStart(Init)

TimerStop(Diff)

File-Functions (pretty much all of them)

Also I was wondering why AutoItX is "beta".  Is it not stable yet?

The aim of AutoItX is to provide the core AutoIt functions to other languages. File, string, registry, and cosmetic functions are I think outside of that goal and should be already provided by any half-decent scripting language. I only added the registry functions into AutoItX as the built-in functions in a lot of languages generally struggle in this area (and the ability to do reg enums/remote reg is handy).

I printed out a list of all the AutoIt functions and then cut out all the ones I didn't think needed to be converted, and that's what we have at the moment.

It's beta because it's incomplete :ph34r:

Ah ok, so its Beta because its a work in progress. Cool! :(

I printed out a list of all the AutoIt functions and then cut out all the ones I didn't think needed to be converted, and that's what we have at the moment.

Oh ok, that makes good sense.

Tho from my POV the syntax of AI3 seems simpler, so when I go to use a command like one I mentioned, I'd rather use the AI3 ones. I mean since I already have it loaded and incorporated into my program, why not have the choice? Is it also an issue of efficiency? Do the extra commands waste space?