If _IsPressed("any_key") Then ..

Well, I just tested out if it was even possible to turn my code into a keylogger, and it isn't. I spent quite a bit of time, and all I got were things like this:

"{shift}{shift}{shift}{shift}{shift}{shift}teeesstng iif thhhiisss worrrs aaasssaaa kkeeyyylogggggeeer" not really helpful if someone's password is "aGgHiOr874aAA" or something...

And besides, an effective keylogger wouldn't make autoit look bad, no one should know it's running :whistle:

• Moderators

And besides, an effective keylogger wouldn't make autoit look bad, no one should know it's running :whistle:

That's got to be one of the most idiotic things I've ever seen anyone write.

Edit:

Blah@Pain meds... had to iterate something.

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

As it's been said before somewhere on here, if people start using AUI to create keyloggers and such antiviruses might be target AU3 exe's. I think this would be horrible for those of us who are using it for the benefit of everyone.

my three cents :whistle:

A decision is a powerful thing

Ok, sorry for my naivety, but isn't that the point of a keylogger? It runs in the background and just watches what you're doing? It doesn't say "Hey! Yoohoo! I'm a keylogger! I'm watching you!"... does it? The ones they use at our school don't...

Or were you saying it was stupid because I said it wouldn't make Autoit look bad? I'm confused

Edited by magician13134

• Moderators

Ok, sorry for my naivety, but isn't that the point of a keylogger? It runs in the background and just watches what you're doing? It doesn't say "Hey! Yoohoo! I'm a keylogger! I'm watching you!"... does it? The ones they use at our school don't...

Or were you saying it was stupid because I said it wouldn't make Autoit look bad? I'm confused

I'm saying it was idiotic because of the double negative.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.