Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
deo

Data discovery...

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

Im very new to autoit, but have a fairly strong history of programming in several languages.

I have an application that sends a request to a server (on the internet) and retrieves a list of events, im guessing in an XML document form.

Is there any way that I can detect and store this information that has been retrieved from the server using autoit?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Is there any way that I can detect and store this information that has been retrieved from the server using autoit?

yes.

Reading the help file before you post... Not only will it make you look smarter, it will make you smarter.

Hi,

Im very new to autoit, but have a fairly strong history of programming in several languages.

I have an application that sends a request to a server (on the internet) and retrieves a list of events, im guessing in an XML document form.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome to the forum. Are you looking to store the information in a file or by some other means? File based storage is handled in AutoIt and a quick review of the AutoIt help file should get you started. There are also other User Defined Functions (UDF) here on the forum that will allow you to interface to a variety of databases. Using the forum search feature should get you plenty of hits.

If you need something specific, please let us know by posting a more detailed example of what you are trying to do.

Auto3Lib: A library of over 1200 functions for AutoIt

Yes, im looking to store it in a flat file, hopefully an xml document, but primarily, im just curious to know how to detect the data being transmitted first.

Storing the data isnt that big of a deal, I just need to know the direction I should take to first detect the data. Does that make sense?