Easy question

One last question, is there a way that you can logout of a session, make the script login on a different session and continu doing the stuuf he needs to do! I'll explain why

Once the computer reboot, I need the script to login on the admin session, rename the profile of the user, then logout of admin, login on the user so Windows recreate a local profile and then copy the stuff from her renamed profile to the new one!

Is there a way to do that?

Thanks

Instead of renaming the profile why not at that time just delete ntuser.dat, and any other folders in the profile you don't want. Then log off.

Sorry for the long reply.

Here's my problem if I don't reboot the machine, I get an error renaming or even deleting some stuff in the profile(file are locked). So basically what I have to do is reboot the machine, login as Administrator, rename or deleting the profile in C:\Documents and Settings, log back as the user then copy the stuff from his old profile to the new one.

Right now I have

1- Reboot and log back automatically as admin( thxs to EndFunc )

2- Rename the defective profile.

adn that's were I'm stuck. I am able to logout from admin, but I have no clue how to let the script work after that so I can log back in as the user and copy the old profile to the new one.

Is there anyway to put a script as a services in windows???

Thxs for your help.

Edited by AllSystemGo

Anyone?? :whistle:

yes, you can run your script as a service, and there are instructions for doing that in this forum. and no you cannot have the script log you in as a different user, because you cannot automate the login, BUT you can use runasset to run executables as a different user.

yes, you can run your script as a service, and there are instructions for doing that in this forum. and no you cannot have the script log you in as a different user, because you cannot automate the login, BUT you can use runasset to run executables as a different user.

You are able to automatically login back in using registry setting which I have shown him how to do already. It can be used for many things.

See

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...st&p=314343

Edited by EndFunc
EndFuncAutoIt is the shiznit. I love it.

• Moderators

i stand corrected then, i guess i should pay closer attention... :whistle:

I'm too poor to pay attention.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

No biggie were all here to learn and help each other. :whistle:

indeed, and i didn't mean for that last post to sound sarcastic or anything, i really had not read all of the replies in the thread thoroughly enough, obviously. heh. i've been off for a while and haven't kept up.

• Moderators

yeah, i made about $800 last friday through monday. 21, pool, and poker are the only tables i'll play, except craps.

I'll be your Huckle-Berry!

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.