Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Traddles

major memory work

2 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

is it possible? There is a game I play (n-game, pretty sweet game if you have lots of time to waste) but it gets very frustrating getting to the end of a level only to die and start over. So I thought "I wonder if AutoIt's memory functions would be able to create a kind of save/load state that a lot of emulator programs do". Is this beyond the scope of AutoIt and if not, can anybody point me in the right direction to take this on? The memory API is quite scary looking and I didn't find many useful examples for what I want to accomplish.

oh, the game is a flash game that I downloaded so it's a .exe but it runs in flash player I think.

edit: I typo'd there, I meant to say "process" not "progress"

Edited by Traddles

is it possible? There is a game I play (n-game, pretty sweet game if you have lots of time to waste) but it gets very frustrating getting to the end of a level only to die and start over. So I thought "I wonder if AutoIt's memory functions would be able to create a kind of save/load state that a lot of emulator programs do". Is this beyond the scope of AutoIt and if not, can anybody point me in the right direction to take this on? The memory API is quite scary looking and I didn't find many useful examples for what I want to accomplish.

oh, the game is a flash game that I downloaded so it's a .exe but it runs in flash player I think.

edit: I typo'd there, I meant to say "process" not "progress"

You need to learn how to hack the memory something like :

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...&hl=hacking

Possible but very challenging