problem to uncheck CheckBox

Hi all,

I'm learning to code AutoIt, so i pick a installation program to learn and test . I have problem until the last step of the installation , as the last screen asking whether i want to Launch the installed program with a CheckBox to select.

But i have no luck try ControlCommand / ControlSend and even ControlClick.

post-21621-1173979123_thumb.jpg

and after playing with the Window Info tools, I still can;t figure out the real classname for the CheckBox. However, i have try few way, of doing it.. here is my code..:

WinWaitActive("Setup - Almeza MultiSet 3.5","Completing the Almeza MultiSet 3.5 Setup Wizard")

;ControlSend("Setup - Almeza MultiSet 3.5", "", "Launch MultiSet","{NUMPADSUB}") <---- previously using this.

ControlCommand("Setup - Almeza MultiSet 3.5","&Finish","Lauch MultiSet","UnCheck","")

Send("!f")

any idea where i did wrong??

Thanks & regards,

Max.

Why don't you try to see where the focus is when the window opens?

If the focus is on the "Finish" button if you send a TAB the focus will move on your checkbox (you can see that because the text will be sorounded by a discontinuous rectangle). Once you get the focus on that by sending a SPACE will check/uncheck it.

So If the focus is on Finish (i.e. if you hit the ENTER key that button is pressed) you can use this sequence:

WinWaitActive("Setup - Almeza MultiSet 3.5","Completing the Almeza MultiSet 3.5 Setup Wizard")
Send("{TAB}")
Send("{SPACE}")
Send("!f")

I remember reading somewhere that sending "+" wil check/uncheck the checkbox ... but I'm not so sure ... so - better try sending SPACE and see what happens.

I know this isn't a so easy way and it can be done nicely by correctly grabbing the checkbox's ID but unfortunately sometimes is very difficult to get it using the Active Window Info.

SNMP_UDF ... for SNMPv1 and v2c so far, GetBulk and a new example script

wannabe "Unbeatable" Tic-Tac-Toe

Paper-Scissor-Rock ... try to beat it anyway :)

Send("{TAB}")
Send("{SPACE}")
Send("!f")

I remember reading somewhere that sending "+" wil check/uncheck the checkbox ... but I'm not so sure ... so - better try sending SPACE and see what happens.

I know this isn't a so easy way and it can be done nicely by correctly grabbing the checkbox's ID but unfortunately sometimes is very difficult to get it using the Active Window Info.

Thanks for reply. I really think of using the ControlID or ClassName if possible. But if no choice, then i may have to use it that way.

Thanks.

• Moderators

Thanks for reply. I really think of using the ControlID or ClassName if possible. But if no choice, then i may have to use it that way.

Thanks.

It's like their setup window is a child of a child of a child... gets rediculous when you get 3/4 of the way through it, and the window text isn't even recognized anymore even with WinSearchChildren and WinDetectHiddenText... I got almost done the automation myself with controls before I decided it was a pain in the ass.

I'm curious... why do something like this anyway (trial software)? Why not just use NSIS?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.