Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
multiloser

How to read a random line of text?

4 posts in this topic

Ok, so after I use _IEBodyReadHTML to paste the HTML of a website into a text file,

I read a specific line using FileReadLine.

Now what I am looking for is to be able to extract a specific string of characters from this line:

<a href=.></a><a href=.></a><input type=button value="Start Research !" name=ym89na onclick="xz4wll(ym89na);"><br>

The letters which I have highlighted are the characters which I want to Assign as a variable.

So is there any function which would allow me to search between "name=" and " onclick="????

I want to search between because the characters I want can be between 4 and 8 characters, so I cannot read a certain amount of characters, I must read the ones between the two points.

Thank you in advance!

As xcal stated, _StringBetween() if you are not familiar with Regular Expressions already is an easy route... the example below will show you how to do it with just a normal between method, and with a regular expression method (You'll note for this example, there is no difference other than the use of the extra parameters)

#include <string.au3>
#include <array.au3>
$sString = '<a href=.></a><a href=.></a><input type=button value="Start Research !" name=ym89na onclick="xz4wll(ym89na);"><br>'
$aArray = _StringBetween($sString, 'Start Research !" name=', ' onclick=')
_ArrayDisplay($aArray, 'Returned')
$aArray = _StringBetween($sString, 'Start Research !" name=', ' onclick=', -1, 1)
_ArrayDisplay($aArray, 'Returned RE')
#include <array.au3> is only used so you can see the output using _ArrayDisplay().

[center]Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.[/center]

Thanks guys!

Exactly what I needed!