AutoIt, IE and Javascript

gsb

AutoIt, IE and Javascript

Can an AutoIt function "call" a JS function on a IE page?

There is not much that I can find on "interfacing" AutoIt with the javascript in an IE browser page. Seems I can add some code etc., but I would like to "interface" with it.

That is, when a js-function is called have that call redirected to an AutoIt function perhaps via an event loop or such. As well as simply "call" a javascript function with some arguments.

Are these interactions possible?

And if so, could someone point me in the correct direction, please.

Thanks,

gsb

"Did you ever stop to think? ...and forget to restart!"

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Thank you very much Dale.

I must have missed that and I am sure others, for I read so many my eyes crossed. LOL

That is a great help, but what about the second part of such a communication.

Is it possible that a javascript function or some js-event could call/invoke an AutoIt function?

I hope this too is possible.

Thanks again.

gsb

That is a great help, but what about the second part of such a communication.

Is it possible that a javascript function or some js-event could call/invoke an AutoIt function?

Not directly, but you can trigger an event within the browser that you are monitorng in AutoIt and then take desired action. For example, create a <DIV> element in the HTML and induce a change to it in your Javascript... monitor for an onchange event for that DIV in AutoIt and execute appropriate code. You could even experiment with putting the DIV in an invisible iFrame and write data to it that you could read back in AutoIt for a crude data/parameter passing mechanism.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Thank you again Dale, but this time you surpass my Goggle'n attempts as well. LOL

This could work for the low volume I would expect but I am unsure as to the way in AutoIt to monitor the DIV's onchange event.

I guess I could get the contents of this DIV and compare it to the last such inquiry, but it would seem a "true" event loop would be far more efficient, if still a kludge.

Perhaps you could example the code to capture an onchange for a DIV from within AutoIt for I am a bit lost and unable to find such documented elsewhere as yet.

EDIT: Perhaps using ObjEvent? ...but I am unfamiliar with using it.

Thank you again Dale for your time and help.

gsb

Edited by gsb

This is only in my head at this point-I'll work on an example, but it will take me a while.

Dale

Thank you Dale.

"This is only in my head at this point..." is far better than my not quite getting my arms around it yet.

An example would be great when you have time.

Thank you.

gsb

@gsb

I've recently put together a script that could do exactly that. You'd just have to the parameters around to suit your needs, and invoke your desired function through the supplied event handler via the Call function. Or something like that.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=43013

[font="Fixedsys"][list][*]All of my AutoIt Example Scripts[*]http://saneasylum.com[/list][/font]

Thanks again lod3n.

What I'd really like to do is capture the flash fsCommands events from an HTML page embedded movie instead of using the javascript, ...but.

For now I am still using the flash player's communication to a second flashy embedded directly in a control where I can then capture the fsCommand events.

Hey, ...but it works.

But if there is a better way... :whistle:

gsb

@gesller, try this:

$oIE.document.parentwindow.eval("alert('test')")

And this is an example of DaleHohm's:

$oSC = ObjCreate("ScriptControl")
$oSC.language = "Javascript"

$s1 = "; / ? : @ & = + $ , #"
$s2 = $oSC.eval("encodeURI('" & $s1 & "');")
$s3 = $oSC.eval("decodeURI('" & $s2 & "');")

ConsoleWrite( _
    "Original: " & $s1 & @CR & _
    "Encoded:  " & $s2 & @CR & _
    "Decoded:  " & $s3 & @CR )

[font="Fixedsys"][list][*]All of my AutoIt Example Scripts[*]http://saneasylum.com[/list][/font]