Hello, I am looking for someone to confirm I have used the right syntax in this example. I am having a problem with an endless loop. So, I am checking a registry value and saying if it does not equal the value of the variable testkey2 then install a patch. I look in the registry and it contains the information, yet my script does not pick it up. Is my syntax wrong?

Regread, TestKey2, REG_SZ, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, Software\\Microsoft\\Internet Explorer,UpdateInf

ifinstring, Testkey2, C:\\WINNT\\INF\\Q867801.inf, goto, COMPLETE

Thanks..

Also, this only applies to windows 2000 machines, for XP it is windows instead of winnt. I have tried both and neither work..

Regread, TestKey2, REG_SZ, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, Software\\Microsoft\\Internet Explorer,UpdateInf

ifinstring, Testkey2, C:\\WINNT\\INF\\Q867801.inf, goto, COMPLETE

I guess the path which is returned within the variable Testkey2 doesn't need to be checked as "double slashed".

btw: instead of changing windows/winnt you can use the environment variable %windir%

Please check if this works for you.

MsgBox, 0, Test, %TestKey2%

ifinstring, Testkey2, %windir%\INF\Q867801.inf, goto, COMPLETE

this worked for me...

MsgBox, 0, Test, %TestKey2%
ifinstring, Testkey2, %windir%\\INF\\Q867801.inf, goto, COMPLETE

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So, you are saying my syntax was correct?

When running this code, it goes in a loop , I check the registy and the value is there, but it does not realize this. Hence I thought my syntax was wrong.