Show a hidden taskbar?

I have a script that i want to have popup alert messages near the tray icons, like some Windows apps and Security porgrams do. I can get the box to show, but it looks 'odd' if the taskbar isn't showing because it then floats to far up from the bottom of the screen. Does anyone know how to make the taskbar come up? I've been trying for ages. Here's my code:

; Set Options
#include <Misc.au3>
#include <GUIConstants.au3>
Opt( "TrayAutoPause", 0 )
Opt ("WinTitleMatchMode", 4 )
;OPt( "TrayMenuMode", 5 )

;Call the updater to Debug...
Call( "updateAlert", "News!" , "Test Test Test Test Test Test Test Test")

; Create update alert GUI
Func updateAlert( $title = "", $alertText = "" )
    If $title <> "" Then $title = " - " & $title
    $alertGUI = GUICreate ( "Update" & $title, 150, 125, @DesktopWidth-180, @DesktopHeight-180, $WS_POPUP + $WS_DLGFRAME )
    GUICtrlCreateLabel ( $alertText, 0, 0, 150, 125 )
    GUISetBkColor( 0xDDDDBB )
    DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "AnimateWindow", "hwnd", $alertGUI, "int", 250, "long", 0x00040008);slide-in from bottom
    GUISetState()

; Some attempts to get that taskbar up...

; WinActivate( "Update" & $title )
    ; TraySetState ( 4 )
    ; WinFlash( "Update" & $title )
    ; WinActivate("classname:Shell_TrayWnd", "", @SW_MAXIMIZE)

; Wait 5 secs, then leave message
    Sleep ( 5000 )
EndFunc

Any help is deeply appreciated: I've been searching he forums and working on this a long time

The way I make the taskbar pop up is to move the cursor to the screenheight + 1.

MouseMove(1,@screenheight + 1)

Edited by martin
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

@martin: What about alternative shells? Or a user who has disabled his taskbar? I have mine as a double-layer on the top of the screen.

#)