Blockinput()

Some advise please

I am using several _IsPressed routines running within a While 1 Loop to monitor task specific keystrokes a

Key Monitor in other words something like [Ctrl+M] assigned to run Emailer.exe for example.

When the assigned keystrokes are detected by the KeyMonitor the assigned key routine launches another

executable like one I have called Emailer.exe. Whilst emailer.exe is running the _IsPressed key monitor

continues to run within its loop looking for user input.

It is preferred that the Key Monitor not respond to any other user input whilst a procedure it has already

called is in progress.

So as to avoid the user trying to run the same task (emailer.exe) before the first has completed and

to ensure that application has subsequently completed its task and closed is it recommend using the

BlockInput() command to block the keymonitor process?

I guess the question is a bit like locking a record so that no other process has access or can be performed

whilst the record is open or being updated.

Responses are always appreciated.

Ant..

Some advise please

I am using several _IsPressed routines running within a While 1 Loop to monitor task specific keystrokes a

Key Monitor in other words something like [Ctrl+M] assigned to run Emailer.exe for example.

When the assigned keystrokes are detected by the KeyMonitor the assigned key routine launches another

executable like one I have called Emailer.exe. Whilst emailer.exe is running the _IsPressed key monitor

continues to run within its loop looking for user input.

It is preferred that the Key Monitor not respond to any other user input whilst a procedure it has already

called is in progress.

So as to avoid the user trying to run the same task (emailer.exe) before the first has completed and

to ensure that application has subsequently completed its task and closed is it recommend using the

BlockInput() command to block the keymonitor process?

I guess the question is a bit like locking a record so that no other process has access or can be performed

whilst the record is open or being updated.

Responses are always appreciated.

Ant..

Use something like RunWait. It will wait for your other process to complete before continuing.
Auto3Lib: A library of over 1200 functions for AutoIt

Use something like RunWait. It will wait for your other process to complete before continuing.

Thanks for that AutoIT never ceases to amaze me with the number of elegant solutions that work and very nicely I might add. Well its back to study study toil and hopefully not to much trouble gosh having said that I'm probably having Disney Spells.

Ant..