Script to install DB2

I'm trying to set up a script to install IBM DB2 on a machine.

One of the initial screens that appear is titled "DB2 Setup wizard - DB2 Administration Client"

This screen takes a few seconds to be ready to receive input, namely clicking on the 'Next' button or Alt N (!N).

I've put a winwait("DB2 Setup wizard - DB2 Administration Client","",20) command to give time for the screen to be ready for input yet the command completes as soon as the screen appears prior to the Next button being available.

Does anyone have any ideas ?

• 7 months later...

I'm trying to set up a script to install IBM DB2 on a machine.

One of the initial screens that appear is titled "DB2 Setup wizard - DB2 Administration Client"

This screen takes a few seconds to be ready to receive input, namely clicking on the 'Next' button or Alt N (!N).

I've put a winwait("DB2 Setup wizard - DB2 Administration Client","",20) command to give time for the screen to be ready for input yet the command completes as soon as the screen appears prior to the Next button being available.

Does anyone have any ideas ?

Is your wait time sufficient?

Is the window active?

Do you have a typographical error?

Have you reviewed the WinWait... related options?

ControlSend can be very useful in ensuring that the proper control gets the message -- as opposed to the message never being received by the control.

(pseudo code)

while not winactive

Winwaitactive .....

; now we know the window is active

do stuff.

Reading the help file before you post... Not only will it make you look smarter, it will make you smarter.