FTP connection to download files based on timestamp

Hi,

We have a directory of files on our ftp server. I need a script that runs every 15mins to make a connection to the ftp server and download all files that were added or updated within the last 15mins to a local drive

or on to a different windows server? Files that have not been changed or added need not be copied.

Please help! Thanks.

Stack

Hi,

We have a directory of files on our ftp server. I need a script that runs every 15mins to make a connection to the ftp server and download all files that were added or updated within the last 15mins to a local drive

or on to a different windows server? Files that have not been changed or added need not be copied.

Please help! Thanks.

Stack

I have a script which loads a listview with the files and directories on a server with the date and time. It can adjust the date/time by a whole number of hours in case the server is in another time zone. You can double click on directories to move around etc. It can also copy files and folders. It is a very specific application but if you are interested I can cut out the stuff that is of no use to anyone else and send you the rest. It doesn't have much in the way of comments. You would have to modify it to copy files with a time stamp later than whatever, and make it test every so 15 minutes.

If you want it let me know (a PM is best) but I might not reply for a day say.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Hi Martin,

Could you also send me the FTP udf?

thanks,

Sandeep

Martin wrote ..

If you are using ftp you do not need InetGet. Have you looked at any of the ftp.au3 UDF's?

If not then I can send you one that I use which I forget how I got but I think it is a collection of the best I could find on the forum, because some of the ftp.au3 posts have bugs.

The one I use has the following functions

;_FTPPutFile

;_FTPOpen

;_FTPConnect

;_FTPDelFile

;_FTPRenameFile

;_FTPMakeDir

;_FTPDelDir

;_FTPClose

;_FTPPutFolderContents

;_FTPCommand

;_FTPGetCurrentDir

;_FtpSetCurrentDir

;_FTPGetFileSize

;_FTPFileFindFirst

;_FTPFileFindNext

;_FTPFileFindClose

;_FTPGetFile

; _FileTimeToSystemTime

I posted the UDF and an example script in

download/browse from ftp server see post #7

Edited by martin
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.