Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kristoff

checking remote tcp port

4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I have to check during a remote installation process if the a remote tcp port is open or not. Checking if the server is alive or not isn't a problem but checking if a remote tcp port is open or not is an another one.

I do not want to use external tools ( from third company) only microsoft tools which ran on all env ( NT/2K/2003). Using telnet ( telnet bilbo 80 ) is ok but how too manage the return code. Portqry is ok for 2K/2K3 nor on NT :"> .

Any experience, tips, will be welcome. :ph34r:

Cheers & TIA for helps guys

There is no program I know of to do this in windows, but if it is a simple thing of not using an external program because of its size, you should try netcat. It is very small and can be fileinstalled when needed.

Who else would I be?

There is no program I know of to do this in windows, but if it is a simple thing of not using an external program because of its size, you should try netcat. It is very small and can be fileinstalled when needed.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for replying, netcat or nmap works fine for sure, but:

- That's to use customer server

- Both are used more by hackers...so my customers won't accept it

thanks

#2 is a valid objection, but for #1, if you fileinstall to the temp dir and then delete after use, It is like the file wasn't there at all.

Who else would I be?