But by specifying another icon, won't i need to include the icon in the same directory as the compiled script? Is there a way to compile everything together like how a single icon works.

No thats is not necessary because when you are compile the script the icon's path can also be mapped in the compiler. I use the following directory structure for my applications.

myprogram/program files

myprogram/ini

myprogram/ico

myprogram/help

myprogram/banners

myprogram/textfiles

I keep the source code in another folder. I use axialis iconworkshop to develop new icons (you can get it on 30 day trial from Tucows for free) and Setup2Go to wrap an installer around the package. Amongst other features the installer allows you to configure the installation directory usually c:\program files\yourprogram.

You also need to do some reading in SciTE's Help (not AutoIT Help F1) about AutoIT3Wrapper which allows you cut and paste some code into your script which can be used to change the properties displayed details like version, date compiled, name, description, comments that sort of thing.

Its only taken me about 6 months to learn all about these things especially when you start from scratch. I get a lot of the knowledge by simply reading the Forum and using help together with trial and error. Good luck with your project

Ant..

But by specifying another icon, won't i need to include the icon in the same directory as the compiled script? Is there a way to compile everything together like how a single icon works.

Look at my post about using icons in AutoIt resources:

Adding "resources" to a compiled script, Better than FileInstall for icons, etc