Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sandman

Making a window look a bit more 'sleek'

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am making a GUI for an update script that I want to look pretty professional. The transparency for the window is currently set to 175, but this is what I would like it to have:

It would be really cool if I could have a transparency of 175 at the top of the window, and have a fading effect so that at the bottom of the window it is completely transparent. Basically, I need a 'gradient' from half-opacity at the top to full-transparency at the bottom.

Is this even possible? If so, how?

If anyone even knows of a color gradient UDF, I could probably modify it to be a gradient of transparency. So post something like that if you have it, please. :shocked:

Thanks,

SANDMAN!

[center]"Yes, [our app] runs on Windows as well as Linux, but if you had a Picasso painting, would you put it in the bathroom?" -BitchX.com (IRC client)"I would change the world, but they won't give me the source code." -Unknownsite . blog . portfolio . claimidcode.is.poetry();[/center]

Bump! Need some help here!

[center]"Yes, [our app] runs on Windows as well as Linux, but if you had a Picasso painting, would you put it in the bathroom?" -BitchX.com (IRC client)"I would change the world, but they won't give me the source code." -Unknownsite . blog . portfolio . claimidcode.is.poetry();[/center]

Sorry for the triple post.. but.. someone please answer?

Even an idea, not a complete thought.. I need something on this.

Here is a topic about gradients. Search for gradient and you will find more.

Get Beta versions Here Get latest SciTE editor Here AutoIt 1-2-3 by Valuater - A great starting point.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

Yeah, I already looked at that, downloaded the UDFs and stuff.. but I don't think I can change it to do transparency. Not with my noobish abilities, at least. :shocked:. Maybe you or Valuater could be able to transform it though.. ?

If you plan to implement variant shades of transparency, your best bet would be to use GDI+ on your own.

Okay.. I got the GDI+ DLL, but how do I find out what it can do and how? I searched a bit on this topic and found nothing, as I don't know what to search for :/