Koda

Just downloaded Koda but found no introductory documentation as it seems most of help file is empty. Know of any Koda tutorials or how-tos?

Thanks,

jh

What version do you have?

Latest version is 1.6.0.2 where is also basic HelpFile included, look here

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...299&hl=koda

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/lookfar/formdesign.html

Thanks for posting.

I have version 1.6.0.2 but when I click many of the help page topics they are empty. However the functions are all listed, I think.

I have some basic questions like how to add a title, how to set parameters for the whole window vs a single control, borders, frames, how to group radio buttons. Most importantly, how does one get the generated code.

Also it would be nice to have a description of main menu and how to use it and the other choices. For instance I clicked on main menu, I got a Menu Designer window to pop up but can do nothing with it, nothing is active (clickable).

Some of us slow people need a little starter example, perhaps like this:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After you download Koda be sure to extract the files and Send a copy of the FD icon to the desktop.

Double-click FD to open the Form Designer. When you do you should see a control bar(?) at the top and several windows: Oject TreeView, Object Inspector, Form List to the right , and one in the middle labeled AForm1. (Brief overview of what and why of each window here.)

Here's how to make a simple form that looks like this (snapshot of GUI generated with FD).

First choose the overall form color, and size, can it autosize???

The form should have a title, to create a title do .... (I don't know). The title can have

different fonts, sizes, colors,be bold, be centered, have a particular border type, etc???

Now lets put in a textbox with a label where we ask the user to enter some data.

Now a series of checkboxes with a label and a frame around them to group them.

Add a set (group) of three radio buttons. They could be framed, partitioned, etc to set them apart.

And finish with a Done and quit button at the bottom.

Now that we had added these items we need to save our work and have the code generated by doing ?????

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another good choice would be to show how to generate the snapshot shown in the online documentation of GUI concepts.

Thanks,

jh

Are you kidding? :shocked:

Koda is tool for "programmers", so there suppose to be some kind of basic skills at peoples making programs.

In Koda menudesigner (also at other situations) use right click to see what commands are available.

My basic skills != your basic skills. Your skill may include GUI and such. Mine include C/C++ bit twiddling instrument drivers, assembly, Unix and very little MS, embedded realtime programming on ARM processors and such, no users apps, no windows. Windows, GUIs, user interface are new areas for me, I was not born omnipotent. So I have some skills but in different areas than you. Nonetheless some intro would be nice, I would be willing to help with it. But I can get all the abuse I want elsewhere. :(

Thanks for the right click clue.

Regards,

Mr. Clueless

Edited by hmsSurprise

Koda GUI is "Delphi GUI clone" and also very similar to other developers GUIs like Visual Basic, Visual C++, ...

So you can look at their "how to ..." to create your basic GUI skills.

If you wish you can participate on finishing Koda Helpfile, please contact Lookfar or Lazycat for details.

When you will have some concrete problem with Koda I like help you.

Good luck with learning :shocked:

Edited by Zedna