Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hmsSurprise

A simple debug display

1 post in this topic

The other day I asked for some example code so I could gen up a logging window. Kourath replied with a very nice working example. I am lazy and I get tired of typing MsgBox and its three fields all the time and I usually don't want to stop the program and click OK to get going again. So I took his nice example, butchered it and set it up whereby I don't even need to call an initialization routine and stuck it in my standard include file.

It is cheesy, simple, and cheap but it helps a little. It has probably been done b4 but here it is anyway. I used some long global names to avoid conflicts. Maybe you have some ideas about how to clean it up a bit. It could probably use some option parms to set the size but then that would be more globals. Or maybe a param for having it pause the program...

Regards,

jh

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#include <GUIConstants.au3>

Func display($string)

Global $debugDisplayExists

if $debugDisplayExists <> 1 Then

Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1)

Global $debugDisplay_GUI = GUICreate("AutoIt Debug Display", 385, 395, 258, 190)

Global $debugDisplay_Edit = GUICtrlCreateEdit("", 8, 8, 369, 377, BitOR($ES_AUTOVSCROLL,$ES_READONLY,$ES_WANTRETURN,$WS_VSCROLL))

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

$debugDisplayExists = 1

EndIf

GUICtrlSetData($debugDisplay_Edit, $string &@CRLF, 1)

EndFunc

;Test it

display("testing display")

MsgBox(0,"", "between calls")

display("testing display again")

MsgBox(0,"", "Done")