Cmd Line issue

I've been stuck for a while and can't seem to get this to work. The parameters look ok but wont do what I need.

$Scan = Run(@ComSpec & ' /c xcopy /C /D /S /H /I /R /K /Y C:\*' & $SearchFile[$c] & " " & $SFDestination, @WindowsDir, @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD)

The Variables are just the file types and the destination path. Anything I might just be overlooking?

EndFuncAutoIt is the shiznit. I love it.

Not sure but i think that first /c is killing you. Try taking it out or taking out the space in front of it.

[center][/center]Working on the next big thing.Currently Playing: Halo 4, League of LegendsXBL GT: iRememberYhslaw

Not sure but i think that first /c is killing you. Try taking it out or taking out the space in front of it.

That should work. Even if you put it in quotes by itself I get the same result which is nothing. And you have to have the space in front since it's a switch.

$Scan = Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & 'xcopy /C /D /S /H /I /R /K /Y C:\*' & $SearchFile[$c] & " " & $SFDestination, @WindowsDir, @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD)

This doesn't work either.

• Developers

I've been stuck for a while and can't seem to get this to work. The parameters look ok but wont do what I need.

$Scan = Run(@ComSpec & ' /c xcopy /C /D /S /H /I /R /K /Y C:\*' & $SearchFile[$c] & " " & $SFDestination, @WindowsDir, @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD)oÝ÷ Ù8^Uªâi¹^±ªÞë-¶W­Ê¬jwmç^²Ø§jب­ ò¶§¢cºË[zÞ®Z()àþ«¨µå¡jج¶Å§-ríz{hMúIæ«rbí7éƧwMúHP޲اjب    ò²zȧ¶W§jg¬!û(¶¼ºÚ"µÍÌÍÔØØ[H[ÛÛTÜXÈ  [È ÌÎNÈØÈÛÜHÐÈÑÔÈÒÒHÔÒÈÖH    ][ÝÐÎÌLÊÌÎNÈ    [È ÌÍÔÙXÚ[VÉÌÍØ×H    [È ÌÎNÉ][ÝÈ   ][ÝÉÌÎNÈ   [È ÌÍÔÑÝ[][Û [È ÌÎNÉ][ÝÉÌÎNËÚ[ÝÜÑÕ×ÒQK   ÌÍÔÕTÐÒS
È  ÌÍÔÕÕUÐÒS
Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

What is the exact content of $SearchFile[$c] and $SFDestination?

Any spaces in the filenames?

If so try:

$Scan = Run(@ComSpec & ' /c xcopy /C /D /S /H /I /R /K /Y "C:\*' & $SearchFile[$c] & '" "' & $SFDestination & '"', @WindowsDir, @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD)

$SearchFile[$c] is an array that are file types. .doc, .xls, etc I have this in a For/Next Loop. $SFDestination is the path that is being read from an INI file which does have spaces in it. But I tried to put quotes around the path in the ini file and it didn't seem to help. Sorry for not providing enough information.

Edited by EndFunc

What is the exact content of $SearchFile[$c] and $SFDestination?

Any spaces in the filenames?

If so try:

$Scan = Run(@ComSpec & ' /c xcopy /C /D /S /H /I /R /K /Y "C:\*' & $SearchFile[$c] & '" "' & $SFDestination & '"', @WindowsDir, @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD)

Yes, that was it. Thank you. I know it was something simple. I tried to put the quotes in the string in the ini file but it didn't like and ignored it for some reason. thanks