Anyone know how to read status of the IP Config from the registry

I try to make an Net Configuration tools but i get a problem on one thing, i don't know how to retrieve the Network configuration from the registry so it will automatically set the status when the script is loaded.

I can make changes for switching from static to DHCP and vice versa, all i need now is to read the registry to set the status.

anyone have the solution? thanks

I try to make an Net Configuration tools but i get a problem on one thing, i don't know how to retrieve the Network configuration from the registry so it will automatically set the status when the script is loaded.

I can make changes for switching from static to DHCP and vice versa, all i need now is to read the registry to set the status.

anyone have the solution? thanks

RegRead, RegWrite and RegDelete are three very useful built-in functions for reading and manipulating the registry. Let us know where you get stuck.

Roses are FF0000, violets are 0000FF... All my base are belong to you.

RegRead, RegWrite and RegDelete are three very useful built-in functions for reading and manipulating the registry. Let us know where you get stuck.

Yes i know about those commands it's just that i don't know exactly where windows keeps the fixed registry key for the settings

i found it HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{D45685A6-509E-4D3B-B87E-C714D70D7}

but the question is what if this script runs on another PC with different adapter than mine, will the registry key change?

that's what i really need, a fixed registry address which i can use to read the settings and can be used on any PC.

Please let me know

While I have not looked into it, I think WMI can get this information for you.

maybe here:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...wmi++ip+address

EDIT: added link

There is this incredibly useful UDF file called compinfo.au3. See http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...hl=compinfo.au3

The _computerGetNetworkCards function seems of interest in this specific case.

Roses are FF0000, violets are 0000FF... All my base are belong to you.