How to prevent renaming of autoit exe scripts?

• Developers

The program runs for the whole time windows is running and a reason would be to stop it start with windows once it's name is changed.

You are very vague in all your answers. I still don't understand the purpose of what you want.

It is very simple to add AutoIt3 code to your script to make it rename and restart itself when the name is changed but i do not see to use of it yet.

So maybe explain a bit better why you have 2 scripts and why you are worried that one is renamed or stopped ?

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

You are very vague in all your answers. I still don't understand the purpose of what you want.

It is very simple to add AutoIt3 code to your script to make it rename and restart itself when the name is changed but i do not see to use of it yet.

So maybe explain a bit better why you have 2 scripts and why you are worried that one is renamed or stopped ?

Lol this reminds me of the suspicious malware func I asked.

The programs works like an antivirus and watches the user not do certain things and as I said before one script is in charge of the GUI and the other does the job. As it watches for me users not to do some thing you can understand why it could get renamed!

• Developers

The programs works like an antivirus and watches the user not do certain things and as I said before one script is in charge of the GUI and the other does the job. As it watches for me users not to do some thing you can understand why it could get renamed!

No I don't.

Its very simple when you control the PC's and are responsible for them. Just change the security of the files.

I don't like this "BigBrother" type software in general as it conflicts with privacy of people.

Your explanation doesn't give me the feeling yet that your intentions are legitimate...

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Why are you people here so suspicious? I did not give out more details, because I am working for a company and company's policy is not reveal the idea or part of the source code. That's it and nothing more! If you can help that's awesome!

Who wants to write malware scripts it does it anyway without the forum's help and we see it everyday.

Edited by clifox

you could periodically check the script name and the name entered in the startup folder(or registry) and make sure they always match..

How else to check if @ScriptName and @AutoItExe is remembering only the initial name?

How else to check if @ScriptName and @AutoItExe is remembering only the initial name?

I don't really get what you want but this may help.

As in 2nd script, do a FileExists loop, if file gone or renamed, use 2nd script FileInstall the first script and close the first script in process user processkill, then run the first script in exe as you installed.

Edited by Generator

Why are you people here so suspicious?

We get suspicious as soon as someone asks questions about anything which could be used to have a detrimental effect on a users computer.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

The simple solution is to simply do change the security of the folder it is located in. Fix it so unless you have specific access rights to the folder, you can't change it. Also, you can put the program in the startup script, and have the program in a network location.

I don't mean to be a jerk or anything, but this is network administrator 101 stuff. Are you new to this sort of thing, or am I missing something here?

I use this process to check that the file has not been renamed or deleted

CODE

;Check that the Progams Exist

Global $file[3] = ["\myprogram.*", "\myprogram1.*", "\myprogram2.*", "\myprogram3.*"]

For $i = 0 To UBound($file) - 1

_runPROG($file[$i])

Next

Func _runPROG($filename)

If Not FileExists(@ScriptDir & $filename) Then

; Run your process

EndIf

EndFunc ;==>_runPROG

Cheers Ant..

The simple solution is to simply do change the security of the folder it is located in. Fix it so unless you have specific access rights to the folder, you can't change it. Also, you can put the program in the startup script, and have the program in a network location.

I don't mean to be a jerk or anything, but this is network administrator 101 stuff. Are you new to this sort of thing, or am I missing something here?

I am not that new and I know how to use the folders policy, but this not what I need. My initial question was simply you can made your running autoit script unrenameable just like a regular running application that is says: "Cannot rename 'The application': It is being used by another person or program." I am sure you saw this before. Try to rename Yahoo! Messenger when it is running and you'll see.