hotkeyset

I made a simple little game that uses i, c and a few other keys but they are also used to type in a convo window, i am using hotkeyset to check the keys but if i have capslock on it doesnt see it and still types in lower case, is there a way to read if capslock is on? If there is then i will be able to put a simple if in to see if its on if so then put in upper case, is this possible?

iv tried searching i cannot find anything.

you can just send capslock down if you want everything to be capital

if you need to detect whether its capital or not...

send capslock and shift up and if someone uses like.. a shift + a letter then you know its capital

Valik Note Added 19 October 2006 - 08:38 AMAdded to warn level I just plain don't like you.

If they use a shift+ key it fine but if they use capslock it still comes out as a normal letter because it doesnt see it as being caps so it just sends a normal better back.

Isent there any value that is set to see if caps is on?

The only thing i can think of at the moment is to use _ifpressed or hotkey see if caps is pressed if so then it switch a value to 1 then it checks to see if that value is 1, but i was hoping there a easier way.

Edited by D4rk^S0ul

If they use a shift+ key it fine but if they use capslock it still comes out as a normal letter because it doesnt see it as being caps so it just sends a normal better back.

Isent there any value that is set to see if caps is on?

The only thing i can think of at the moment is to use _ifpressed or hotkey see if caps is pressed if so then it switch a value to 1 then it checks to see if that value is 1, but i was hoping there a easier way.

This piece from the help of the Opt() could probably help:

You can set SendCapslockMode to make CAPS LOCK disabled at the start of a Send operation and restored upon completion.

However, if a user is holding down the Shift key when a Send function begins, text may be sent in uppercase.

One workaround is to Send("{SHIFTDOWN}{SHIFTUP}") before the other Send operations.

Certain keyboard as the Czech one send different characters when using the Shift Key or being in CAPS LOCK enabled and sending a char. Due to the send AutoIt implementation the CAPS LOCKed char will be sent as Shifted one so it will not work.

Roses are FF0000, violets are 0000FF... All my base are belong to you.