How to get file name(s) that starts script exe

Hi,

Sorry to bug but I'm lost here as to where/what to look for, have search but not sure what i'm really looking for.

I'm trying to get a script that when it's not running I can select a (or more) file(s) and either drop them on the exe or r-click and send them to it.

Then when it start it loads the names of the files that where dropped/sent into a list (so i can do more). I have no clue what I'm looking for in the

help or search here. I have found code that will allow me to drop the files and have them populate a list BUT only after the script has been started.

The script will start if i drop a file on the exe now but i don't know how to obtain/capture that files name/path etc. before the script is running.

any idea's to point me in the direction...

Thx much

A.B.Ames

Hi,

Sorry to bug but I'm lost here as to where/what to look for, have search but not sure what i'm really looking for.

I'm trying to get a script that when it's not running I can select a (or more) file(s) and either drop them on the exe or r-click and send them to it.

Then when it start it loads the names of the files that where dropped/sent into a list (so i can do more). I have no clue what I'm looking for in the

help or search here. I have found code that will allow me to drop the files and have them populate a list BUT only after the script has been started.

The script will start if i drop a file on the exe now but i don't know how to obtain/capture that files name/path etc. before the script is running.

any idea's to point me in the direction...

Thx much

A.B.Ames

This is definitly not a case of too much information but to start you in the right direction

Look in the help file for $CmdLine

I don't even remember what section of the help file it is and AutoIt is not installed on this system so I can't look it up without going into another room and starting up my development system.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Perfect, Thx GEOSoft

I'm sorry for my messages I can never seem to explain things right no matter what I'm talking about.

Anyway, $CmdLine[$CmdLine[0]] does exactly what i wanted...

edit: sorry meant $Cmdline[1], etc.. posted my thx before finished reading

again, thx very much

A.B.Ames

Edited by A.B.Ames

Perfect, Thx GEOSoft

I'm sorry for my messages I can never seem to explain things right no matter what I'm talking about.

Anyway, $CmdLine[$CmdLine[0]] does exactly what i wanted...

again, thx very much

A.B.Ames

YW but if you are dropping multiple files then you may want to take a look at

For $I = 0 To $CmdLine[0]

$File = $CmdLine[$I]

Process $File

Next

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

YW but if you are dropping multiple files then you may want to take a look at

For $I = 0 To $CmdLine[0]

$File = $CmdLine[$I]

Process $File

Next

Thx, i was just starting to look into something for that (a loop to add them),

Many Thx again

A.B.Ames