Manging Client/Server system with database

Please help to plan my system.

I am implementing client/server that interact with mysql server.

The system components are:

- One Server

- One User client.

- One database

I already implemented a client server where multiple users can login and send requests asynchronics to the server.

And I am about to use the mysql.au3 udf to interact with mysql server.

My problem is how to mange the sql requests?:

- Where from the sql requests should be handled? Is it from the server or from the clients?

- Does I need to create DSN ODBC driver connection on each client or should it does on the server only? (mybe on both ???)

I was thinking that each client should be interacted with the databse directly, but how the client would knows the DSN?

I would appreciate your help.

Be Green Now or Never (BGNN)!

A server, by definition, responds to requests from clients.

Thus, a MySQL server process responds to requests from the clients.

What you are attempting to describe used to be called TLA (Three Level Architecture) , where a client spoke to a middleware piece that had some client and some server characteristics.

In this scenario, you are writing a client in au3, and a server that responds to that client. In the process of serving those requests, it can generate requests to other server processes.

Typically, it is preferred to control access to a backend database. this gives you some added measure of security, in addition to better error control and performance expectations.

Edited by flyingboz

Reading the help file before you post... Not only will it make you look smarter, it will make you smarter.