Note-Taker (Lite v1.0)

darkshadow791

This is my first released program (to this forum anyways). I've been working on it for a few weeks and have finally made it as error proof as I can.

Note-Taker is a Notepad-like program with a small bonus! It allows you to create and edit note definitions. What does this mean? This means that while typing, you can use common abbreviations or common internet "shorthand" as much as you want. When you're done typing, with a simple click of a button, you can convert all your shorthand + notes to readable text! It may not sound like much, but it works miracles for me taking notes in classes.

You can manage your note definitions either through the GUI that it comes with or just editing the Definitions.txt file yourself. Format is simple:

abbreviation|word

It also includes many basic features, including "smart-saving," printing, etc.

Notes: [read this!]

*Only supports up to 300 definitions as of now.

*This is a beta product. Nothing is perfect. Plenty of things don't work perfectly.

*Only supports one open file at a time. Tab support is soon to come.

*Please post any notable bugs you find here. I will keep a to-do list of things to update + fix (if people like it enough)

*Source is available via a link at the bottom of this post. The source is split up into many organized files.

*If you have any comments, questions, (constructive) criticism, or bug reports, please feel free to post here :shocked:

*A default Definitions.txt file is not made. You must create all your own definitions. (default definitions to be added later)

*To convert the notes to readable text, use the menu: Tools > Notes > Convert Notes To Text

*To manage notes, use the menu: Tools > Notes > Manage Notes

About the source file...

The source is split into 10 separate .au3 files, all located in the rar file.

The structure is as follows:

• The "Main" file (the file that you should compile + run) is "base.au3"
  • The GUI is made via "GUI.au3"
  • Globals are defined in "Globals.au3"
  • Tray is created in "Tray.au3" (to be expanded on...)
  • All functions that are called are located in the "Funcs" folder
  • In the funcs folder there is:
  • "Main.au3" - general program functions not specific to any menu
  • All other files in here are named according to the Menu they correspond to.
  • Many things were removed or pushed back for a later version. If you see something in there that doesn't seem to be apart of anything, that's probably why
Download Source Here

Download Compiled Version Here

To-Do List

• Add more tray icon things
  • Add default definitions
  • Expand Tools/Notes Menu

Some minor bug updates. Please re-download the new COMPILED version if you have downloaded it already.

No one else has any comments on it? :shocked:

it seems to be missing some files.. "Funcs\View.au3", "Funcs\Options.au3"

Don't bother, It's inside your monitor!------GUISetOnEvent should behave more like HotKeySet()