ListView Control - want it to scroll vertically not horizontally!

Bob Wya

Hi

I am building a ListViewControl using the following line:

$control_discs = GUICtrlCreateListView("", $horizontal_position, $vertical_position, $width, $bottom_position - $vertical_position, BitOR($LVS_LIST, $LVS_NOCOLUMNHEADER, $LVS_SHOWSELALWAYS), BitOR($WS_EX_DLGMODALFRAME , $LVS_EX_FLATSB) )

I just add list view items (in a single column + no header) using:

$disc_text = StringFormat("%0" & $const_max_disc_digits & "d", $i_disc)

$global_disc_gui_array[$i_disc-1][$en_disc_gui_list_control] = GUICtrlCreateListViewItem($disc_text, $control_discs)

So its just a list of numbers (but one can select multiple entries)...

Anyway when it gets too big for the control space it starts wandering off to the right... I would really like it to scroll vertically when there are too many entries... Like a basic List Control

(which I believe doesn't allow the selection of multiple entries before some bright spark suggests using one!!)

Maybe I could hide some of the controls and simulate vertical scrolling by hotkeying the cursor keys? Any other good ideas?

Thanx

Bob Wya

Hi,

Finally worked it out. I switched from using LIST view to REPORT view. However I worked out this time that I couldn't specifiy a null-string column header (duh)

- even though I wasn't actually displaying the column header!! Otherwise all the column entries would be displayed with zero width (I wondered were they had all gone when I tried REPORT

view before!!)

Thanks anyway!!

Bob Wya